Vaccine in early pregnancy?

sil

Reaction score
Would you get a vaccine in early pregnancy? I become eligible in 4 weeks, and if this baby is sticky I will be just under 8 weeks along.
I live in the United Stated where the vaccine is neither recommended or not recommended in pregnancy and they leave it up to us to decide.
Is it better to wait until later in pregnancy? Would you get yours done? I know in later pregnancy immunity is passed through the placenta to the baby. Does anyone know what gestation this happens?

I was doing some research about this too, but I did not find anything specific about when in the pregnancy would be the best time to do the vaccine, but I personally wouldn’t do it in the first trimester.

I found mama doctor jones’s video about it on youtube quite useful. Basically she was saying there’s no one answer as to whether or not you should get it as it depends on your risk aversion, and if you have any underlying health conditions. She also pointed out pregnancy itself puts you at a higher risk for developing severe covid. For example if you are mainly at home and healthy, you probably don’t need the vaccine. If however you are at high risk of contracting the virus or you have underlying health conditions such as diabetes therefore even-though it’s not certain if the vaccine is safe or not, but because you are at higher risk of contracting severe covid the vaccine would be recommended. She also suggested everyone to talk about it with their own doctor.

I personally decided I would get the vaccine as I had gestational diabetes and cholestasis (a liver condition) in my last pregnancy, but I wouldn’t take it in the first trimester just because of the lack of data. I thought later in the pregnancy the baby will be already formed and therefore it causing any malformations etc would be less likely.

Here’s a link to her video:

Reactions: sil
Can you discuss it with yr doc, they might have more info and stats, and are more knowledgeable.

Would you get a vaccine in early pregnancy? I become eligible in 4 weeks, and if this baby is sticky I will be just under 8 weeks along.
I live in the United Stated where the vaccine is neither recommended or not recommended in pregnancy and they leave it up to us to decide.
Is it better to wait until later in pregnancy? Would you get yours done? I know in later pregnancy immunity is passed through the placenta to the baby. Does anyone know what gestation this happens?
Sil, what did you decide?

Sil, what did you decide?
@Violina I ended up getting my first vaccine at 14 weeks and my second one was actually this morning at 17 weeks. They started lifting masking mandates all over here and it didn’t feel safe to wait anymore. So far so good and I feel happy with my decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->