Vaccines

Finny88

Reaction score
So I am going to interview a Pediatrician today and I made a list to of things to ask. I got some of the questions off the internet. Anyways my DH read vaccines and was like i want to wait on the vaccines. :dohh: I was like the consequence of not getting them is worst. But he heard that your child could get autism if they get the vaccines. The thing is there is no way to prove that majority of children get vaccinated and the children that have autism might have had it before the vaccine. I swear if it is not trying to figure out a name then it is arguing about getting the baby vaccinated! :growlmad:

It is hard getting al of those vaccines for your LO, but they do need them. By law they cannot go to school without having them. Some pediatricians wil do a slower "schedule" of vaccines.

I just worry because my DH and i work at a hospital and we might bring something home without knowing it.....i think he needs to be right on schedule when he gets here.

It is hard getting al of those vaccines for your LO, but they do need them. By law they cannot go to school without having them. Some pediatricians wil do a slower "schedule" of vaccines.

Crikey- Thank God that there is no such law in the UK, I've still got loads more research to do before we decide what to do about vaccinations our LO

Crikey- Thank God that there is no such law in the UK, I've still got loads more research to do before we decide what to do about vaccinations our LO

I haven't decided yet either, just bought a book about it to read up. I bet it's not long til they try and make it mandatory and you can't go to school without over here....big brother and all that!

The vaccine that people link to autism is the mmr and in the uk they don't have that until they are 13 months so there is time to think about it. I tried looking into getting separate measles, mumps and rubella privately but in the uk the only company licenced to make the mumps immunisation has stopped doing it so there is no way to vaccinate against mumps without the mmr. If I had a girl I would have considered just getting the measles and rubella but as mumps can cause sterility in boys I don't want to risk that for my little man. Really think its unfair the government have taken away all choice.

There is no real research linking autism to vaccines. The information that was in the report stating that there was a link was fraudulent. There have been a huge increase in diseases and death due to people not getting vaccines (probably because of the whole autism scare). Please read up on the report written about vaccines and autism to see that the person writing the report gave false information. There will always be someone blaming something for their child having something uncommon. The only vaccine that would worry me is the flu shot, as they use a preservative that is known to be unhealthy for children. You have to make the best decision for yourself and child, but definitely read up before choosing not to! Plus they actually think there are facial features that can be associated with autism, meaning it began in utero, not from environmental things that the baby is exposed to. :hugs:

Here is a link in case anyone is interested-

https://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html

There is no real research linking autism to vaccines. The information that was in the report stating that there was a link was fraudulent. There have been a huge increase in diseases and death due to people not getting vaccines (probably because of the whole autism scare). Please read up on the report written about vaccines and autism to see that the person writing the report gave false information. There will always be someone blaming something for their child having something uncommon. The only vaccine that would worry me is the flu shot, as they use a preservative that is known to be unhealthy for children. You have to make the best decision for yourself and child, but definitely read up before choosing not to! Plus they actually think there are facial features that can be associated with autism, meaning it began in utero, not from environmental things that the baby is exposed to. :hugs:

Exactly this. :thumbup: There have been multiple studies proving that vaccines do not cause autism.

I have a friend who doesn't vaccinate her children, and 2 out of 5 are autistic. So it definitely happens anyway.

Think you can be exempt from the vaccinations through religious beliefs, but agree im glad they dont force vaccinations in the UK. My 19mth is non-vaccinated and so will this one.

Oh dear... a circ thread and a vaccine thread all in one day...? Get ready to rumbbbbbblllllllllle!!!

(not a dig at OP. But look out ladies! This might get ugly...)

Actually, in public schools there are exemptions for vaccines. Those vary by state, though. Some only allow religious or medical exemptions and others allow personal conviction reasons as well. Private schools are a different matter, though. :flower:

Here in Canada I dont know of any laws stating children need their vaccines to attend. I was SOOOOOOO worried about vaccines when my daughter was born, I read stuff online and got scared, I drove myself insane, crying, panic, I had no idea what decisions to make. I talked to EVERYONE and ANYONE including pediatricians, mom's, people who did and people who didnt. I eventually got the vaccines done, at the reccomened times (2, 4, 6 months) and I did her 12 year shots (MMR included, which was a VERY scary one for me!!). I didnt booster that, or get the chicken pox one, or have not done anymore to date. I am again worried about my choices with the next baby.

Reason being, I am not 100% convinced about the ingredients IN them, and there ARE risks, some children DO die and get permanently affected by then (I know its rare, and I know the benefits out weight the risks) but it happens. I always said I could NOT forgive myself if something happened to my little child because of my choice. Also, they are SO young when they get them, its sad....

So I dont know what I will do this time. I know alot of friends who were not vaccinated as kids and have never been sick etc....

I feel like, no matter what, you're making a choice. You either make a choice to vaccinate, and risk the small chance that they experience a serious side effect because of the choice you made.
Or you choose not to vaccinate, and risk the small chance that they experience a serious illness because of the choice you made.
Both decisions have risks, no matter how small, so it's up to us to do our homework and decide which set of risks we can live with.
One of the many difficult decisions we get to make as parents... there will be many more to come. :hugs:

I feel like, no matter what, you're making a choice. You either make a choice to vaccinate, and risk the small chance that they experience a serious side effect because of the choice you made.
Or you choose not to vaccinate, and risk the small chance that they experience a serious illness because of the choice you made.
Both decisions have risks, no matter how small, so it's up to us to do our homework and decide which set of risks we can live with.
One of the many difficult decisions we get to make as parents... there will be many more to come. :hugs:

Yep! What she said!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->