Vacuum recommendations please

george83

Reaction score
Hi all,

can anybody recommend a new vacuum cleaner for me please? We’ve always had dysons but we seem to go through those really quickly (this will be our third in 11 years whereas my mum has had hers for well over 5). I saw a cheap argos one on a tv programme last week that was well rated but came with a short cord, my house isn’t massive so would be nice to do the whole downstairs without having to move the plug constantly.

Open to any suggestions, thank you in advance :flower:

I used to have Dysons but when my last one broke I could not afford a new one (crazy prices!) and got a Henry instead. I love it! Super long cord, brilliant suction and such a friendly thing :)

I used to have Dysons but when my last one broke I could not afford a new one (crazy prices!) and got a Henry instead. I love it! Super long cord, brilliant suction and such a friendly thing :)

Who’d have thought friendly would be such a deciding factor... love it! Thank you

We always had Dysons, but wasn't that impressed with the last one or the price of them. We went for a Vax .... a bagless, cylinder one. It was about £80 and had a 5 year guarantee. It seemed a bit more flimsy than the Dyson, but it does a good job and is still working fine a few years later

We have a Gtech Air Ram and love it. It's cordless and so handy for the many messes that kids make!

I haven't been impressed with Dysons, I always break them?! We have a Henry(the girl version but forgotten her name) and it does have a long cord and the suction is brilliant. The only gripe I have is how heavy it is to carry up the stairs, but it's not an issue when hoovering as it's on wheels and just follows you around:) They are also supposed to last for ages.

I haven't been impressed with Dysons, I always break them?! We have a Henry(the girl version but forgotten her name) and it does have a long cord and the suction is brilliant. The only gripe I have is how heavy it is to carry up the stairs, but it's not an issue when hoovering as it's on wheels and just follows you around:) They are also supposed to last for ages.

Aww the Hetty is so cute in pink :D Was tempted to get that one actually but I wanted the bigger one and that only came as a Henry.

Aww the Hetty is so cute in pink :D Was tempted to get that one actually but I wanted the bigger one and that only came as a Henry.

I didn't even realise there was a size difference, I was just pulled in by pink:haha:

I love my Henry. Had it about 7/8 years. It's annoying to cart up the stairs so to remedy that, I just don't hoover upstairs as much as I should. I've heard shark are good? My mum loves her Vax.

We have a Gtech Air Ram and love it. It's cordless and so handy for the many messes that kids make!

I’d love one of those !

We have a Hetty it’s really good and powerful. Only thing is it’s a bit on the heavy side , especially getting it up and down the stairs!

We have a Dyson V8 Animal and absolutely love it, its 18 months old and still working like new. I've heard good things about Shark but never tried them, but I HATED my hetty hoover, she was sooo big, bulky and heavy! she took most of the space up in the cupboard aswell, it drove me mad and I hardly hoovered because I hate dragging it out but now with my cordless I hoover twice a day and love it.

I needed to add my comment to this because I'm in love with my shark vacuum. I bought it directly from Sharks website and got to pay monthly for it, and I opted for the lift away one so you can use it a few different ways.

Warning though, the amount of dust it gets on what you think is a cleanish carpet is slightly embarrassing ahah

ive had dysons in the past and they break so easily :wacko:

got a shark a few months ago and i’m obsessed with it :haha: it’s crazy how much dust it picks up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->