Vacuuming while pregnant ?

drea.wilson

Reaction score
Okay I heard that you shouldn't vacume while pregnant ? Why is this ? Or is it true ?

I heard that women didn't Hoover when they used to have heavy machines, but not heard it so much now. Maybe double check with your mw?

Having said that though, I have told DH that I cannot Hoover at all from the moment I got my bfp! It's a job I hate so glad to get out of it. :haha:

my grandmother has said you shouldn't vacuum while pregnant but not sure how true it is. meant to ask my OB but forgot

Im sure it'd just be from when vacums weighed a tonne.
I don't see any other logical reason why you shouldn't plus I have never even heard about this so mustn't be to true :)

I've never heard that, I vacuum all of the time and now that i'm pregnant I vacuum every other day instead of my usual everyday.

This would be impossible for me. I HAVE to vacuum every day! :wacko:

OMG vacuuming everyday!!!! Where do you find the time? I'm lucky if I do it once a week? Are people that are vacuuming daily working outside the house? I just need to know how lazy and inadequate to feel LOL (I work full time)

I vacuum maybe once a week... Guilty.

If you are going to vacuum you just need not push yourself too hard. Take breaks and not carry a heavy vacuum from floor to floor. Other than that it should be considered safe.

OMG vacuuming everyday!!!! Where do you find the time? I'm lucky if I do it once a week? Are people that are vacuuming daily working outside the house? I just need to know how lazy and inadequate to feel LOL (I work full time)

I'm a stay at home mom, but normally when I was working I did it on the weekends.

Never heard that one before. I vacuum, shovel the snow off the driveway, and whatever else needs doing when pregnant.
I can't be bothered to vacuum daily though. I work full time and generally only vacuum on the weekend unless Gabriel made a particularly bad mess somewhere.

I thought It was silly but have heard it before ... The vacume we have is kinda heavy so I just stay away form doing it .. I clean the oh vacume a :) thanks ladies for your response

Never heard of this,but I could see this being a good rule for me! I have now twice ran into the wall & hit my stomach on the handle.. oops stupid pregnant brain!

sooo glad i have all wood and no carpet.. every two weeks the cleaners come and vacuum up and that is it =) that being said... it is merely cause im lazy. i see no reason why you couldnt vacuum

I didn't vacuum while pregnant, and I'll tell you why. It's because there is a warning on my vacuum (or at least in the user manual) about the cord containing lead. !!! It says to wash your hands after using it. I mostly got my husband to do it, but if I did vacuum, I wore rubber gloves and still washed my hands afterwards.

Not all cords contain lead, but you should read your vacuum's manual. (And manuals for any other appliances that have similar power cords, for that matter.) Don't want to be exposing yourself to lead!

I have never heard of this before.... I vacuum everyday and have done with all of my pregnancies.....

Vaccuming is perfectly safe, but if you can get this past your DH go for it and relax watching him vaccum :)

I have actually heard this a lot and even from a couple of doctors but only if you have any complications with the pregnancy vacuuming and mopping make you push and pull a lot and these motions can cause complications during high risk pregnancies.

Back in the day it used to be a big no no but its because women were high risk and didn't know it and there wasn't a way to tell as easily as now cause there weren't ultrasounds. This is why it is usually old ladies that mention this. Unless your doctor puts you on some sort of restriction you should be fine and vacuuming should not be an issue. I have a very light weight vacuum I use on a daily basis cause my house really needs it but DH brings the big one out and does a good cleaning on the weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->