Vag ultrasound 12 weeks?

elle13

Reaction score
I have had one regular ultrasound at 9 weeks, but my doctor likes to do a vaginal ultrasound around 12 weeks. He said he gets much more detail from that one. Have any of you had one around then or anytime? Are they really precise pictures or something? Just wondering the point, as I'm not looking forward to getting probed lol!

hey when i had my 12 weeks scan at 12 weeks 5 years ago i had it done through my belly and they saw everything they needed 2 but i spose it all depends on doctors preferences xxxx

Vaginal ultrasounds aren't that bad. You've had other things up in there before (hehe. . .obviously, since you're pregnant), and the thing they use isn't that big. It's a little uncomfortable when they move it around, but even that is not that bad.

That said, most doctors I've seen do abdominal ultrasounds at week 12? I could be wrong. Although, he's right in that you'll get more detail, I'm sure.

I had one at my 12 week scan just so they could get a better view of the baby but most of my friends just had the external one at 12 weeks so I guess it depends. I didnt mind the internal at all...I had it at 9 weeks as well.

I think it's also easier to find the baby since you can't go wrong with a vaginal ultrasound. I'm guessing I might have a vaginal US for my 12 week since I am plump to begin with LOL So it might make it easier. It's not painful at all, and the wand they use isn't BIG, it's just long, but they don't stick the entire wand up there, so don't worry. My friend says she dislikes the outer US because they put a ton of pressure on your stomach after making you drink 3 large cups of water.

thanks so much guys! Lol yeah at first glance the thing looked kinda scary, but nothing my innards can't handle, haha! I haven't heard of them used much but he said he prefers them because of better views and something about nuchal translucency...it's my first pregnancy so this is ALL new for me :) :) thanks a mill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->