vagina burning and itching 5 weeks

shivangi1210

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My vagina is itching a lot and when I pass pee it burns.
I don't know why its happening. I hope its not a sign of miscarriage !!
I'm scared

Could be a urine infection or thrush. Ring your GP

Yeah sounds like thrush, the vast majority of women get it at some point in pregnancy. Oh they joys hey! The cream and pessary are safe in pregnancy but the tablet is not.

So I was washing with water only and avoiding soap.
but used an intimate wash for clean up and now burning is reduced. I hope that will finish by morning:thumbup:

If its thrush then washing can make it worse. You will need an antifungal treatment and just use plain water and dont rub. Hope it clears soon for you

This was happening to me and still is to a certain extent though not as bad, and it started at the same time! It's incredibly annoying and painful. I thought I had some kind of infection, like thrush, but I went to the doctor and they didn't find anything. This used to happen to me right before I got my period, too, and after a lot of googling/deduction I'm pretty sure it's something to do with hormones and not an infection. So that could be what's happening to you. I got a cream for itching/burning that has an anesthetic in it and it helped a ton.

Girls are right, if it is thrush or bv u want to make sure its not. Leaving an infection like that go can cause uti and m/c. That wash may make it feel better but if it is one of the pesky infections we women get when pregnant, in the end using that instead of just water can make it worse. Feel better.

I'd say definitely get it checked out by your midwife or gp because if it's an infection it can cause miscarriage.

I get thrush if I eat too much sugar (sadly :-( ) so I don't get it if I cut down on sugar.
I'm not sure if you are supposed to do this when pregnant but when I had thrush not pregnant I would rub virgin organic non deodorised coconut oil on the area as it is antifungal and that would clear it up for me. I wouldn't just do that if I get it when pregnant though I'd speak to my midwife first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->