Vaginal Biopsy... Scared! Anyone?

melissa850

Reaction score
My 7+1 appointment is coming up this Wednesday, they'll be treating it like my first prenatal appointment (though I've already been in early for transvaginal U/S and pap due to bleeding and cramping earlier in pregnancy). So hopefully we'll get to see a heartbeat!

However, during the pap smear at the last visit the doctor noticed an area of dark discoloration in the entrance to my vagina and set for it to be biopsied at this upcoming appointment. :cry: Needless to say, I'm extremely nervous.

I tried to talk to DH about my fears over it but he seemed less than sensitive about it which really crawled underneath my skin.
:growlmad: I could scream. :finger:

I guess what I'm looking for is some comfort or maybe similar experiences?
How bad is the pain? Is it easy to heal from? What are the chances that I'll need stitches?

The doctor mentioned using an injection to numb the area first, I'm not all that comfortable with a needle down there to begin with - but especially not the sting of lidocaine.

Hi had a biopsy in this pregnancy also. I didn't no I was pregnant though. Mine was because I had an abnormal smear. Not sure on the dark spot? Never heard of it before I'll have a google now xx
I forgot to mention mine wasn't painful at all just a little pinch really. I had some cramps afterwards but nothing major. The size they cut is tiny and I mean tiny you can barely see it xxx

From what iv just read it's actually very common and normally no cause for concern. They will have done a biopsy to be on the safe side. Basically they have seen it so can't ignore it. I think you will be fine xx

Thank you for the comments!

DH has noticed it before and mentioned it but I really didn't think much of it. :shrug: With DD I had an episiotomy and just figured that maybe the darkened area he saw was some type of scarring from it. I'll mention it to the doctor and ask more details Wednesday.

I'm being such a baby about it worrying over it, I'm sure it'll be a breeze but it's got my stomach in knots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->