Vaginal Issues Already?

icegurl470

Reaction score
I'm 12 weeks and one of the first symptoms I noticed with my pregnancy was a stronger scent down there.. Not fishy like an infection, just stronger. After I found out I was was pregnant I wrote it off to super pregnancy sense of smell. Like 3 weeks ago however I starting to get a little irritated down there. Not a full blown infection with cottage cheesy type discharge or anything, I would just notice when I went to wipe that it felt a little raw and itchy. So I bought a tub of yogurt and mowed down 1-2 times per day and sure enough it went away.

I've just noticed last night though that's it's happening again! No alarming discharge or anything just itchy and irritated. I got my blood work back and my std tests came back negative across the board, including both types of hsv and the yogurt seemed to help so I'm pretty sure it's just yeast, but I didn't have these issues in my first pregnancy and I'm not prone to yeast infections at all so I'm just kinda wondering why it's all the sudden I'm having issues?

I have read that they're more common during pregnancy and it's kinda embarrassing so I don't really want to bring it up to my dr. I'm just going to buy an acidophilus supplement and try adding yogurt to daily diet (which sucks because I don't particularly like yogurt). I'm also going to switch out the blade on my lady parts trimmer in case for some reason that thing is causing it? If that doesn't work then I will talk to my dr about it.. Do you ladies think that's a good plan? Is there something more serious that could be causing it that I'm not aware of? Thanks

Personally hun i would think that maybe it didnt clear up properly the first time and this is why its coming back? I get thrush often during pregnancy, i hate it :( i always keep canestan cream so im prepared as soon as i feel an itch lol

No I don't think you have to be super concerned, I think more blood flow could be causing the itchiness possibly? I'm not prone to yeast infections either but just remember everyone is more prone to them during pregnancy and every pregancy is different!

Just because its not your normal from first pregnancy doesnt mean it wont go completely different this time.

I had thrush for over 10w then kept coming and going with #3 yet nothing with 1st / 2nd.

I found inserting garlic helped.

Yes the one common misconception a lot of women have is that any other pregnancies will be the same as the first. This is completely untrue. You may have ms with your first but not your next etc. In each pregnancy your immune system has to be lowered a lot in order for the body to not kill of the baby. So just because you are not prone to something pre pregnancy, doesnt mean you wont get it when you are pregnant. You also have to remember more moisture is being produced down there which could create infections or ichyness etc. Make sure you use the full yeast treatment and do not stop just because it feels better as it doesnt mean its gone away.

I have thrush constantly whilst pregnant...luckily enough I haven't got it yet but I have to use creams and pessarys regular as I seem to get it a lot. Midwife says it's from the body keeping it moist down there and the immune system being lower.xx

Pregnancy hormones throw your balance off down there so you were onto something with the yoghurt. It wasn't long lasting because yoghurt only had 2 types of good bacteria- we need more than that! Probiotics help fight off a yeast infections, they prevent thrush, uti's and they effectively deal with heartburn. The best thing to do is go get a bottle of proper probiotics (yoghurt was a good try:winkwink: and read the labels!

All probiotics are NOT created equal. The more different types of bacteriain them the better. The very best brands need to be refrigerated and are usually found at places like Whole Foods, Community Natural Foods - the types of stores cater to people who are quite plugged into their health. Btw, probiotics will kick heartburn anyday over an antacid. Antacids are like a bandaid, probiotics fix & prevent tomorrow's drama. Especially during pregnancy:flower:Probiotics are good for baby, you need to have healthy gut flora for a healthy pregnancy! Try to get rid of the sugar, white bread/pasta/noodles/crackers for a while, these contribute to candida (too much yeast) in your body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->