Vaginal Soreness :(

Jary

Mummy to Alice 10/05/13
Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks pp and I'm starting to get this stingy, itchy soreness around the outside and a little inside of my vagina. I don't think it's a yeast infection but maybe just dryness?

Has anyone else had this? It's driving me mad when I'm walking about because its such a sharp soreness :(

It looks a little red when I've had a look. Extremely irritating! Need some ideas for relief!!!

I got dh to take some pictures of down there for me - I'm a bit sore and it stings when I pee. I have my 6 week check tomorrow (am almost 10 weeks pp!) so going to speak to doc about it then. I would get it checked if I were you just to be on the safe side x

Re. The pictures dh took, I am a bit bit red where the stitches were x

It doesn't burn when I pee and hard settled for the minute. It just flares up so suddenly! I'll go see my doc if it gets worse, but hoping I can find something to treat it myself.

Hope your soreness goes away soon too!

I had this too :) I was convinced it was thrush and the midwife gave me a capsule treatment. The itching was driving me mad! But was still itchy after treatment, so maybe it was not thrush. It went away on it's own, after midwife said we would have to do a 6 day cream treatment once I was past 6 weeks postpartum. Itchiness was gone at 6 weeks, so did not treat. No idea what it was, but drove me mad!

Ugh I hope mine goes away soon! It's not there all the time but usually strikes at inoppertune times like when I'm about to go out and I'd look silly crossing my legs or going 'ow ow ow ow'

Rmsh1 I see you're from New Zealand! Which part? My grandad was born there so we have family there. Beautiful country!

From what I remember, my itchiness was worst after I had showered and washed myself. It was horrible.

I am in Auckland, but grew up in Wellington :)

I found this last week actually...just after I showered it would feel more sore. Made me think it is dryness.

Ahh I've only ever been to the south. My grandad was born in Gore, but we spent time up in Christchurch and Dunedin :)

I have only been as far south as Oamaru, not too far below Christchurch. My parents from from the deep dark south though :)

I'd love to visit again as my partner has never been before. Haven't been in about 12 years tho so its probably all changed where I went!

You will have to plan a trip :) I am already missing traveling (we moved back here in October after 5 years in the UK), but will be a long while before we go overseas again :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->