vaginal suppositories

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Autumntx, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Autumntx

Autumntx Well-Known Member

Okay so this pretty much goes out to anyone using vaginal suppositories, Rx doesnt really matter. I was just put on suppositories for low progesterone levels and its been years since I've used a suppository at all. I am just wondering if its the same for everyone. So I insert it right as I'm getting into bed and I tried to stay in bed as long as I could before getting up again to go to the bathroom. I ended up getting up four hours later and when I went to the bathroom I could see that alot of it ended up in the toilette. I know its normal for it to melt and come out but I felt that tons came out. I'm hoping that in the 4 hours it was in, that my body absorbed enough of the medicine. Anyone know anything about that?

2. bellaxgee

bellaxgee Alexa's mommy & TTC #2

that normal...your body will absorb what it needs within the first 20 minutes i think. i did the progesterone suppositories in the first trimester and i would see it everytime i peed.

3. Autumntx

Autumntx Well-Known Member

Finally a response!~ Thanks a bunch. I appreciate it, I feel much better now.