Vaginal Temping for BBT?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by MunkyPickle, Jun 3, 2011.

1. MunkyPickle

MunkyPickle Guest

Is this possible? Is it more accurate than oral? Ever tried it?
    Success stories?
    I am thinking about it as early in the morning pretty much everything makes me gag. I can't brush my teeth without Dry heaving.
    Thanks in advance for any input.

2. ao30

ao30 Well-Known Member

I don't personally do it, but it is recommended because the temps are generally more accurate, especially if you sleep with your mouth open. Since I don't sleep with my mouth open, I don't mind the fact that my temps aren't as spot-on as they would be if I temped vaginally, simply because it's not the temps themselves that are important (every woman's body is different), but the patterns. As long as I can see that I have OV'd, I'm ok with temping orally.

:flower:

3. MunkyPickle

MunkyPickle Guest

I think I am guilty of open mouthed sleeping as well. My pillow often wakes up wet...... One of these days its going to leave me.:haha:

4. LittleOnes

LittleOnes Mommy to a son

This is my first cycle temping vaginally and I highly recommend it. I don't sleep with my mouth open either but there are more factors that can potentially affect your oral temps in my opinion.

My temps this cycle have been much much more consistent than previous oral cycles, pre-O especially, and it could very well be the vaginal temping. Then again some of my previous cycles were also just abnormal/irregular so maybe oral temping a normal cycle would work.

I think for me the main thing is that it feels like something I can moderately control in this madness of TTC that we go through.

Good luck!

5. ao30

ao30 Well-Known Member

ROFL. :awww:

6. ao30

ao30 Well-Known Member

Very true!

...On the other hand, once we had been TTC for over a year, I was just plain sick of being poked and prodded down there. So the thermometer goes nowhere near my vagina!

7. Stash777

Stash777 Mommy to Teagan Noelle

I switched to vaginally temping and my temps were much more consistent in the sense that they weren't all over the place anymore. So, I would definitely recommend temping vaginally. :flower:

8. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

i did it when ttc1 and didnt find any difference to doing it orally now x

9. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Mother of 2

I think I am going to try it the next cycle.

10. taylorxx

taylorxx Well-Known Member

I do it and mine aren't as erratic since I sleep with my mouth open. Your temperature is generally higher so start right after AF not in the middle of a cycle.