vaginal twinges vs ligament pain??

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Hello girls, question for ya.
When I get sudden ligament pain (especially on the left hand side of my ab) is normally followed by slight twinges in the vagina.
Now, I have never had a baby before so my knowledge is still not upto scratch, but what I wanna know is, is this normal?
I have heard so many stories about vaginal pain/twinges, so Im kinda confused.
One story I heard was that the uterus has 'practice' contractions in early pregnancy but only certain people feel them depending on the body frame. Others I have heard is that it's part of the ligament stretching due to the uterus growing, and another that has scared me, is dialation of the cervix.
What I wanna know is, as I have had it on and off, and may I add its never been severe, for the last few weeks, what is it likely to be? Im scared its dialation of the bloody cervix :( and that Im going to loose the baby.
Tell me, would they have picked up ANY problems with the vagina/cervix on the scan I had yesterday? can they see the cervix on a scan or do you need an internal examination for things like that?
Who else is/has experienced this from the end of the 1st tri, to the 2nd.?

I'm kinda concerned.

Sounds like your uterus moving out of the pelvis. Nothing to worry about hun. Mention it to your midwife next time you see her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->