Vaginal wall?

Cat_pj

Reaction score
So I'm 1 week pp, and I'm looking through my post-natal notes and it says that the stitches I have are in my vaginal wall, and that my perineum is intact (by some miracle!) I can't feel the stitches, as they are internal, but I'm wondering....does anyone have any experience with them? I think mine are a bit odd as I have no other tears! Will sex be ok? :wacko: thank you!!

I dont know if im the same as it wasnt explained to me properly or it was but i was to high on gas and air to take it all in. But i had stitches inside and outside my vaginal wall.
We only DTD 2 days ago so waited a long time. For me it was ok but felt really tight and took us a while 'to get it in' sorry for tmi but it didnt hurt just uncomfortable.
Take your time and only have sex when u feel ready.

I had some internal stitches, mine were quite near my cervix. They generally take a couple of weeks to dissolve, so I wouldn't recommend you try to DTD for a little while yet.

The site of my internal stitches was sore for some months after - that's not to say yours will be though! Just go slowly and carefully when the time comes.

Thank you ladies! I can't feel them at all at the mo, don't wanna be lulled into a false sense of security!

So I'm 1 week pp, and I'm looking through my post-natal notes and it says that the stitches I have are in my vaginal wall, and that my perineum is intact (by some miracle!) I can't feel the stitches, as they are internal, but I'm wondering....does anyone have any experience with them? I think mine are a bit odd as I have no other tears! Will sex be ok? :wacko: thank you!!

I was exactly the same. No tearing, only a few internal stitches. The midwife claimed the internal tears were due to my baby's long fingernails scratching me on the way out!! Erm...:shock:
I had sex 4 weeks pp. I would recommend waiting a bit longer, it was very uncomfortable.

I was exactly the same. No tearing, only a few internal stitches. The midwife claimed the internal tears were due to my baby's long fingernails scratching me on the way out!! Erm...:shock:
I had sex 4 weeks pp. I would recommend waiting a bit longer, it was very uncomfortable.

Can I just say... BLOODY HELL! lol

I had internal stitches.. but had a 3rd degree tear.. right down to my perineum and maybe TMI but OH said he could feel the stitches.. I didn't dare touch or feel lol.. then after a while said he could feel the scaring!

I was exactly the same. No tearing, only a few internal stitches. The midwife claimed the .internal tears were due to my baby's long fingernails scratching me on the way out!! Erm...:shock:

Can I just say... BLOODY HELL! lol

I had internal stitches.. but had a 3rd degree tear.. right down to my perineum and maybe TMI but OH said he could feel the stitches.. I didn't dare touch or feel lol.. then after a while said he could feel the scaring!

I had the same 3rd degree plus internal stitches. We dtd at about 8 weeks, I had no problem at all. A nurse at a physio app said that you should massage the scars both external and internal when you feel comfortable to do so, because they may knot and become tight after time. If you do this for the first year you could prevent this. I dont have any pain or anything down there but I just dont feel comfortable touching it! Job for dh I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->