Vain question

palange

Reaction score
Never been in hospital in my life - do they have hairdryers? :haha:
Vain I know but believe me my hair is terrible unless its blow dried then straightened and I don't want to frighten the visitors

although its a general question - if there are any glaswegans out there - i'm going to the southern general

:thumbup:

Lol not that i know of.I expect you'll be too knackered to worry about that anyway.

No hair driers or straighteners in hospital. You could take one with you but this may disturb the other mum's and babies on your ward. Also there is only mirrors in the bathrooms and they have no plugs there. I just tied my hair back when I was in hospital. I think my son was about 4 weeks old before I had time to blow dry and straighten my hair at home! :p

I'm in the US and mine does :thumbup: They are built into the wall so I don't have to bring my own this time :)

The PRMH has them chick! You can't bring in your own, but they provide em. I reckon the southern does too. :) x

I felt stupid asking but asked at my hospital tour if I can use a hair dryer and straighteners :haha: I was told of course and they have hair dryers there already :thumbup: I expect most places do :D

Xxx

Ha ha, I love this post. Not something I've thought about before, but no doubt would have cropped up when packing hospital bag.

They must provide them, or allow them, as you could get a cold if you cant dry hair properly. Will have to find out now what applies down here !

Wish our hospital provided them! Can't even take your own as not allowed to plug anything in that has not been checked by their electricians...!

haha Love this thread! I have cordless straightners which Im gonna take in with me as they dont need plugged in and can be charged before I go into the hospital but the hairdryer situation.. who knows? I will be using Forth Park so fingers crossed they have them or allow them or I will be heading out around the hospital looking for a very powerful fan haha :) x

Im going to rotherham hospital which is a fair way away from you but there you cant take anything that plugs in not even fone charger :-/
something about health and safety everything that plugs in has to be checked by estates department and they will not check personal items unless you are long term patient that isnt going home anytime soon

Do you know how long you're going to stay? I'm in Forth Valley and unless anything unforeseen happens they send you home after 6 hours. So no time for visitors or to worry about hair. :D I'm going to pack for a longer stay as well bit leave that bag in the car for hubby to bring in if it's needed. Might be an idea to do the same with bulkier items like your hair dryer?

Nah, just take it in with you. I know people say dont bother but I went for a shower when amelie was an hour or so old, then blowdried and straightened my hair and felt a lot better for it. The next day I put my makeup on for going home :shrug:

Do you know how long you're going to stay? I'm in Forth Valley and unless anything unforeseen happens they send you home after 6 hours. So no time for visitors or to worry about hair. :D I'm going to pack for a longer stay as well bit leave that bag in the car for hubby to bring in if it's needed. Might be an idea to do the same with bulkier items like your hair dryer?

im in forth valley as well, youre not allowed anything with a plug.
they do send you home after 6 hours if you have a normal delivery but if not then my hair is going in pigtails!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->