Vanishing Symptoms

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by RobenR, Apr 22, 2009.

1. RobenR

RobenR Mum to miracle girl & boy

I've had terrible nausea most of the day for the last three weeks (I'm 6w3d), overwhelming hunger, lots of cramps and occasional heartburn. It was, in an odd way, reassuring.

Tonight it seems like all my symptoms have vanished and there is nothing. I have had cramps most of the day (no spotting) and am wondering what I should do. Our first scan isn't until Tuesday, but with the lack of symptoms this afternoon and tonight, I'm wondering if somehow, I have lost the baby.

Is it normal for symptoms to just vanish so early?

2. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

Everyone's pregnancy is completely different so you can't compare yours to anyone else's. Anyways, I have had cramps all through my pregnancy. At times they are severe and painful but everything is just fine with my little bean. I even spotted and went to the ER. They told me I was going to miscarry and 3 weeks later my baby is just fine. I even had signs of miscarriage (backache, decreased breast tenderness, and constant cramping). So all in all it isn't fair to you or the baby for you to get so worked up so easily. I know it is hard because you want to just know everything is okay but when you are upset so it the baby. I wish you the very best of luck hun and please keep us updated! :)

3. polaris

polaris Mother of two

I found that my symptoms tended to come and go. They would completely vanish for a day or two and then come back with a vengeance. So I wouldn't worry if I was you.

4. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

my god you could be me writting this!!!
    I have been benig sick for the last three days and this morning i woke up feeling fantastic! Jumped out of bed and went to the loo to check for blood (period was due yesterday and was adament she would show) but it was fine, got to the toilet and all of a sudden used my superhuman powers that i have aquired and smelt the bleech and vomited lol. i am the same and feel whilst i am getting symptoms baby is ok!
    x

5. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I've been looking this up and I've found (I'll try and find the link when I get in from work tonght) that your body tends to do things in cycles, so you my have 3 weeks of constant vomiting and then nothing for a week and then it will come back again. Or it will swap it for a different symptom, prehaps nausea will go away but you will me more tired, or craving a different type of food. it's nothing to worry about hun.

6. bananatea

bananatea Well-Known Member

HI there,

You shouldn't worry (but I know it's unavoidable!). Pretty much ALL my symptoms went between 9-10 weeks onwards (i'm now 12.5weeks) I had my scan yesterday and was sure to expect the worse, but their s/he was, soundly sleeping and then waking up when I started talking(awwww). It was amazing, but proved to myself how much I worried over nothing. Every pregnancy is different, which I think we only learn from ourselves, despite what other peoples experiences say.

I also never once vomited throughout my pregnancy(so far). I felt nausea, breast tenderness and sort of sharp pains on my boobs, EXTREME tiredness, and VERY bad cramping, all up untill 9 weeks. I also spotted twice.

So try not to worry :) x

7. lou1979

lou1979 Mummy to 3 beautiful boys

Totally normal!

my sickness went away for 2 weeks then came back and has now gone again!

im starting to feel more like 'me' again now :D

8. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

I wouldn't worry girls!

I remember during my early pregnancy, I worried about this constantly - some days I would have aching boobs and all day nausea and on some days I would feel fine - I would constantly be prodding my boobs to see if they were tender again! I had been having HCG tests and they were more than doubling. So, I asked the doctor about this on and off symptoms thing. He said that as levels double every 48 hours or so (longer the further on you are), this accounts for fluctuations in hormone levels and why you get increased symptoms some days and not so much on others.

Also, after about 10 weeks, it is normal for things like morning sickness to tail off as this is usually when the placenta starts to take over and hormones that have, up until then, been keeping the pregnancy going, starts to plateau.

If you are really worried or the symptoms completely stop and don't come back, you should go to your doctor or early pregnancy unit for some reassurance.

Good luck, I am sure everything is fine.

xxx

9. jlon

jlon Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on symptoms and I'm 8 weeks gone! Every other day I get a bit panic-y (like tonight) but since the hospital won't see for another 6 weeks, there is *nothing* I can do except wait.

Its really frustrating :( I think its gone away..

10. gracegrace

gracegrace happily pregnant with 2nd

Am also getting morning sickness coming and going, coming and going... I think it's very common!