varicose vein during pregnancy

A

aliciad123

Hey all, I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my second infant and a varicose vein began showing up on my right leg at around 20 weeks They have started from knee and spread down to the ankle. It’s hurting sometimes and the itchy leg makes me irritated. Right leg is looking really swollen. I have tried peppermint foot cream on them, but it didn’t work for me. My husband is compelling me to consult a vein treatment clinic (Vaughan vein Clinic, Ontario). What should I do now? Will it be cured after my pregnancy? Or should I consult a doctor? Does any of you know some home remedies which work for it? Thank you.

Hi, as you are pregnant I prefer you to consult an expert. Why should we take risk by trying some home remedies and all at this time?

Hi I had varicose veins on my leg and lady parts with my last pregnancy and they are already starting to come back! I was advised by the midwife last time that they will go away after baby is born and if not then you can seek treatment. I think if they are causing quite a lot of bother though it would be good to go to a doctor/clinic and see what they advise. The only things that helped me a little were making sure I didn't squat, don't stand up for prolonger periods and to sometimes raise my legs when sittinf

I could recommend putting your legs up whenever you can, relaxing and not standing too long. I've heard that there are some creams which can ease the pain but I personally think that the best cure is relaxing.

I got a varicose vein with my first pregnancy, it never went away in between first and second pregnancy but it was less noticeable. Now I'm pregnant with the third and it's back again with a vengeance. I try to put my legs up as much as possible bit tbh nothing really helps, I'm going to seek professional advise once I've had this baby. I find the itching the worst part!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->