Varicose Veins - Anyone else??

amielh

Mummy to baby boy..
Reaction score
My first pregnancy was symptom free from start to finish although it ended in an emergency c section with no labour or contractions..

This little girl is causing me no end of problems and I've been on countdown for weeks. I mentioned to my midwife at around 20 weeks that I had pains in my 'bits' which she said was SPD. Anyway week after week the pain has got worse and I've now developed thick veins on the top of my right leg which at the moment doesn't cause me to much grief but I also have them in my 'bits'. These cause excruciating pain. I am usually active and train most days. The last time I worked out was just after 20 weeks and I've only had sex twice during this pregnancy. The last time we DTD was a couple of weeks ago and I was crippled for the next 2 days. I can't walk very far at all or do much standing on my feet.

Has anyone else suffered with this - anyone have any ideas how to help??

I don't have any advice but just wanted to say that I also have horrible prominent veins on my legs that are worse when I've been on my feet and hot. I'm just wondering if they will go down after the pregancy is over. I'm sure it must be a mixture of hormones and extra weight.

I don't have any advice but just wanted to say that I also have horrible prominent veins on my legs that are worse when I've been on my feet and hot. I'm just wondering if they will go down after the pregancy is over. I'm sure it must be a mixture of hormones and extra weight.

My MW said they would and im praying they will. My mum had them when she was pregnant so I'm guessing like stretch marks they are hereditary? I just can't believe I had nothing with my first born. I haven't even gained more weight than I did with my first. I also find it strange they are only on my right side.

I have no idea if this will help however I figured I would mention it. I was getting really bad veins in my left leg a while ago. I found I was sleeping on my back and almost my stomach occasionally. Once I totally changed to sleeping on my left and right side they started going away very slowly.

Not sure if this is something that could help you but I thought that I would pass it on in hopes that it does.

Yes they recommend the left side sleeping if you have varicose veins and/or hemorrhoids. You could try support pantyhose that compress your veins but I don't have any experience with those. Otherwise, putting your feet over your head is the only thing I can think of. That worked for me when my calves were swelling.

My granny had terrible varicous veins and so did my aunt so I think it's def hereditory. I've always had lots of broken veins on my thighs. Interesting about the sleep positions although I sleep on my left most of.the time anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->