Varying LP length...

Kyliem87

Mummy of 1 Princess
Reaction score
Anyone had or have a varying LP length?

I've been tracking my cycles for the last 3 months using OPK's and CM/O signs (I can't temp because I wake up often in the night and don't get near the recommended time of sleep nor wake up at the same time)

1st cycle 27 days LP 12 days
2nd cycle 30 days LP 14 days
3rd cycle 30 days LP 11 days

I'm going to make an appointment with my GP just to talk things through but I'm getting so confused and fed up :(

:flow:

Usually LPs are a constant number of days...if your cycle length varies, it is due to your ovulation being early/late. OPKs will narrow down your ovulation day, but won't tell you the exact day it is happening the way charting does....they really just aren't that reliable since they are dependent on too many factors (time of day they are taken, number of tests taken during the day, amount of fluids you have been drinking, amount of dye in the test). The same with cm and cp....it's definitely not exact! My guess is that your LPs really are the same length and that you may be a little off with the days you think you're ovulating on.

My LP has been irregular lately but thats because im stil breastfeeding. Its hard to be sure of when you o without temping. If you're worried go to your doc and see what they suggest

Mine is weird too, I have an ultrasound Friday to see if I'm ovulating at the right time frame.

Thanks ladies I'm going to book with my doc and find out what is happening :flow:

You can try temping first, maybe your ovulation was on different days than you thought?

When i temp for 3 months, my LP was 14 days, 14 days and then 13 days.

While i have been using only OPK's its varied between 13 and 15 days. But i have noticed FF doesnt get my O exactly as i think as it guessing with only using OPK's so i am actually thinking of going back to using a BBT. Good luck

Mine is completely wacky so you aren't alone there. If it weren't for me temping and using opk's I'd never have realized I ovulate super early with a long LP. According to my dr he isn't worried and wants me to wait 6 months of trying and temping ect before 'doing anything'

I'd say just keep track of it and if you are worried go to dr with your chart 'evidence'.

Thanks ladies it's always nice to see others points of view! :flow:

To those mentioning temping - I said in my first post I can't...I go to bed at 10pm and wake at 1am, 3am and then I'm up for the day at 6:15am so barely get 3 hours solid sleep!

My GP is doing a progesterone test on CD 21 of this cycle and is going to take it from there. If it comes back ok then he says he'll wait until going in to the new year before digging deeper but we're starting with this test to see if I'm putting out enough progesterone! He says whilst OPK's, CM checks and O "pains" aren't conclusive in themselves he says that because I get all 3 coinciding with my +OPK that he thinks it's fine (I also had an O blood test before my daughter which came back fine) so we will see

:flower:

Some nights i wouldnt get much sleep either but i thought id try temping and see if it shows anything. First month was all over the place and this is my second month and im temping vaginally and it seems better but i havnt o'd yet so only time will tell

Fingers crossed it shows something soon! I've told OH I'm not going on bc after our next lo I can't stand the messing around with my body! We want another 2 hopefully then once I'm done ill get the implant back in then or something similar

:flow:

My LP ranges 1-2 days difference most months. But my cycles range between 24-27 days too, so maybe that's why my LP isn't 100% constant.

I've been charting for over a year now so I know I DO ovulate and I don't have LP defect. But I have no idea if a varying LP is bad. :(

I think I read somewhere that the LP actually CAN vary a little in the same person, though I usually hear people claim it is constant. I would think it would stay within a couple days though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->