VBAC Hopefully and Labour Times

beachbumbaby

Reaction score
My first (DS) was 10 days early (38 wks 4days) and I ended up with a c-section. I got to 8cm dilated and never progressed from there as he got stuck on my pelvis trying to turn and his heart rate was dropping.
This time around with DD i am 39 Wks and 3 days and hoping for a VBAC. I have heard that labour majority of the time the 2nd time around is quicker. Now I'm wondering because I didn't have a vaginal delivery and got to 8cm, would this still be true if I was able to do the VBAC, or would I still be in for a long haul? :shrug:

Thank you :flower:

with my first I had a 24 hour labour (induced at 39 weeks) got to the pushing part and they even used suction but he was stuck so had to have an emergency c-section. with my second I had a smooth vbac that was 10 hours long and it was an amazing experience!
good luck hun

Thank you Lilian! Gives me more hope and positiveness! Wishing you good luck and a great rest of your pregnancy! :)

I was induced with both of mine, apparently my body doesn't care for inductions.

With my first it was as 33+3 for severe pre-e, I was put on mag sulfate and I never progressed past 5 cm after 36 hours of labor. EMCS.

With my second, VBAC, I was induced at 39+4 due to high BP (worried about pre-e history). The induction went very slowly, and if I hadn't been so hard headed with my doctor I would have had a c-section again I'm sure. I went in for induction on Thursday afternoon and she wasn't born until late Thursday night, it was a long drawn out affair to get labor going. However, once I got past 4cm or so it went pretty fast (although I was on pretty high pit dose though). The last few cm went soooo fast.

I really hope to have a 3rd and actually get a natural labor and birth for once, I bet it will be fast ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->