VBAC induction? Yes or no!

Louppey

Reaction score
I had an elective with Coralie as she was breech. This time round pumpkin is head down and 2/5ths palpable. I'm booked for a section at 40+8 as I didn't want to be induced. Since looking round the hospital and hearing about inductions etc I'm thinking maybe?? Am I mad?

Which would you choose, induction or a second (and last) elective?

I'm Southampton aswell. Delivered both of mine at princess anne. First emcs due to failed forceps delivery. Second vbac at 40+6. I was due to have my waters broken the following day as I was 2-3cm at my sweep at 40+5.... Luckily it worked as I went into labour at home the next day. They told me breaking my waters didn't increase the risk of rupture.

Thank you hun, that sounds good. I was debating asking them to break my waters if I'm favourable. I have a sweep booked for 40+3 so I'll find out then :) Here's hoping!!

I refused induction and went straight for my second section at 40+13. I got too much conflicting information about vbac inductions so I declined.

That's what I'm so worried about. I know going into labour naturally increases my chances of a successful VBAC. I've heard bad things about the drip :wacko:

It's only been 13 days since I had DS via EMCS, and it's already been said to me that if I have anymore children then it'd be for the best that I either have a natural labour VBAC or if the word 'induction' comes up again to have an elective c-section instead. After the eventual nightmare that my induction ended up as I really wouldn't want to go through it again.

Well I'm hoping this thread is irrelevant now as I'm having contractions 3 mins apart :haha:

i heard you couldn't be induced once you've had a section as you have higher risk of rupture

Never. Its because of oxytocin induction that I ended up in emcs. Contractions come on too strong and fast a uterus that's been through csection would not handle it well and few dr will advise it. However if your water breaks and labor starts on its own then by all means go for vbac. My water broke one week before my scheduled csection and I was given option of trying for vbac and I declined and went for repeat section and it was a great experience :)

Just read this thread and wanted to say I hope your labour continued well and you have your little bundle in your arms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"