VBAC Question?

keeley2010

Reaction score
Okay so this may be a little long and im not even sure if im posting this is the right section lol but here goes..

3 years ago i had a section because i wasnt progressing in labour. i went 2 weeks over and had to taken in hospital to be induced. after 11 hours of labour i had only got to 2cm and had to have an emergency section as my baby was stressed.
anyway im pregnant again and wondering if this will happen this time? i know they say every pregnancy is different but im scared that ill end up having to have another section. They want me to try and go naturally which is fine its what i want. just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else? i havent heard of anyone else not progressing after having oxytocin and the pessarys.

any help would be great or even a similar story

thanks in advance! :)

:hugs: Didn't want to read and run...
My c-section with my first was for a different reason - but as a very lucky and happy successful VBAC'er I can say it's soooo worth giving it a red hot go.
:hugs:

:hugs: Didn't want to read and run...
My c-section with my first was for a different reason - but as a very lucky and happy successful VBAC'er I can say it's soooo worth giving it a red hot go.
:hugs:

Thanks for your reply :)
Which did you prefer? the section or natural?

I think I'm still on a birth-high sometimes, nearly 4 months on from my VBAC!

I hated my c-section, and afterward I felt shattered physically and mentally. It took me months to bond properly with Alex (who I loved from the minute I saw him, I just felt beyond inadequate as a parent. I also felt like a failure for not giving birth to him the traditional way which I knew even in my darkest moments that it was a ridiculous thought and also something I had never, and don't for a second think about other women who have sections! Go figure...)
I hated that I couldn't move properly and was stuck to a bed - and we had no skin-to-skin time. I didn't get to touch him properly let alone hold him for 3 hours. By no means was my experience typical, and I do realise that c-sections can be extremely positive but mine wasn't. Except of course my beautiful eldest boy arrived safely, very,very grateful there.
My situation was different to yours in that he was born at 38wks and I was not in labour at all. He had tried to arrive at 33 and 35wks and because I have a uterine abnormality and also 2 cervixes and a septum creating 2 vaginas effectively my Ob didn't want to 'risk it' with a natural birth.

Harry's birth has so positive, and although it hurt so much more than I thought possible, and I was torn to buggery downstairs (I now have no septum and a more traditional vagina! hahaha...) nothing in the world compares to that feeling of having your little person placed on your tummy and chest, experiencing their unbelievable 'newness'. Bliss!

I was also home 18 hours after having him which was more than fantastic for Alex's acceptance of Harry - naturally it hasn't all been smooth sailing but I'm sure it would have been harder for him had I been in hospital longer.
So for all these reasons, when we decide it's time for another family member I'll be trying for a natural birth again.

Best wishes with however you decide, before you know it your LO will be here! :hugs:

My story is nearly identical to yours - induced, after 10 hours of labour had only dialated 1 cm, and my son was starting become distressed.

The experience of my section was very positive thou - was handed my son immediately and right back again after they had quickly checked him. I was up and about the next morning (and my section was late in the afternoon the day before), no problems bf'ing, bonding etc. I was in mild discomfort for about a week, after that stayed away from exercise for about 5 weeks, but felt pretty good...

I am now pg with my second and have started wondering what the next birth will be like. Part of me had such a positive experience with the c-section, I don't mind going that route again, given the risks are higher with a VBAC rather than a regular VB. The other part of me wonders if I shouldn't try a natural birth :shrug:

I have also been told now by two separate medical proffessionals (one obstetrician and one midwife), that if your initial reason for needing a c-section was a failure to dialate the chances of this happening again are high. In which case I would prefer a planned c-section rather than an emergency c-section.... :shrug:

Very undecided...

:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back