• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

VBAC Success Stories?

Jamers89

Momma Bear, Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
Hello! I just found out that I am expecting my 2nd baby, and am overjoyed. My 3 year old son was born via c-section. However, I am interested in potentially pursuing a VBAC for my second delivery. Does anyone have any vbac success stories?

I'm sorry but I don't :( I was a vbac fail, but it was because my kid got stuck on the way out; otherwise I would have made it. I'm sharing this because what I didn't know until after the fact was when this happens, they can be gently pushed back up and allowed another try at falling into the right position for birth. I would have tried it had I known, but unfortunately had a family practitioner (read: NOT ob/gyn) and a surgeon giving me the opinion that I should have a c-section -- after 36 hours of labor!! It was devastating. I'm sharing this to let you know I almost made it, and to also look into this in case it happens to you. I can't remember the name of it but basically he presented eyebrow-bone first with his head all cocked up & to the side instead of top of the head first.

I would say don't let people scare you out of it if it's what you want. If this is your first vbac (versus vba2c, etc.) and you don't have other risk factors (like a vertical incision from your last section), then it's totally doable. Lots of success stories out there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"