vbac v c-setion am i doing the right thing ?

becky77

mum & 3rd tri
Reaction score
Hi just had my 16 week app at the consultants and he discussed vbac he said it has a 60-70% succes rate and that there is a 0.5% chance of my scar rupturing :cry:. I have said that i would like to try vbac as long as they think it is safe at the time and that obviously my only concern is the babys health .Do you think thats the right desicion i based it on the fact that my sister had a vbac and that a c-section also carries risks .On a happy note i got to hear babys hb it was 155 bpm so really pleased . Oh and also got it put in my notes that my twins had group b strep infection so will need iv antibiotics in labour so glad that was done .

sorry for the ramble would appreciate your opinions or experiences x:kiss:

Hi,

I had a c-section last time and want a VBAC this time. I say go for the VBAC. There are risks on both sides but at least if you try you can say you tried and what ever the outcome at least you and baby will be ok.

I have been told that they don't give the iv antibiotics in labour any more. They just look for signs after the baby is born and then deal with it?????

Hope you make the right choice for you and baby.

Good luck.
x

Hi,

I had a c-section last time and want a VBAC this time. I say go for the VBAC. There are risks on both sides but at least if you try you can say you tried and what ever the outcome at least you and baby will be ok.

I have been told that they don't give the iv antibiotics in labour any more. They just look for signs after the baby is born and then deal with it?????

Hope you make the right choice for you and baby.

Good luck.

x

Thanks for your reply well thats what i thought its just so easy to doubt yourself isnt it .well he put on my notes to give iv antibiotics so will see , i hope they do as my twins both got phneumonia from it last time and i dont want that again .
Good luck with your vbac too xxx

My understanding from Group B Strep Support's website at https://www.gbss.org.uk is that iv antibiotics should always be offered in labour to women who have previously had a baby with group B Strep infections. Clearly, if you have an elective C section, then you're not likely to be in labour so they probably won't be offered.

Give the guys at GBSS a ring or email them - they're very helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->