Vbac

jodi_19

Mommy of a beauty queen
Reaction score
Hi Ladies. I gave birth a few months ago by c-section. I was induced initially and didn't have the section until nearly 48 hours later. Everything was going fine at first and slowly went down hill. The contraction were regular and intense after breaking my water so I had an epidural. the epidural failed after a couple of hours and I was only 7 cm. The doc thought the rest would happen quickly so didn't have my epidural topped up. I reached 9.5 cm about an hour later but didn't seem to progress any further. the doc had me push while she tried to push the little bit of cervix back. This only caused the remaining cervix to swell. After this my epidural was topped up and I was told to have a nap until the swelling went down. About and hour or two later I began pushing again. I pused for about 1.5 hours and the baby did not move at all. The obgyn was called in and he decided to try forceps. At this point the epidural had worn off again. Easy to say, it wasn't a pleasant experince. The forceps didn't work and caused me a tremendous amount of pain. They took me to the OR and gave me a spinal. They tried the forceps once more and nothing. After delivering my baby by section they realized she had been posterior and that was why my labour was so drawn out, painful and I was unable to push her out. I'd like to try for a vaginal birth next time but am afraid of having a repeat experience. Anyone else gone through something similar than had a vbac?

Sorry you didn't have a very good birth experience :hugs:

My csection wasn't like that, it was due to them trying to induce me and he wasn't ready and it was putting him in distress and instead of stopping they kept pushing it and I ended up with an emergency csection. That was my 2nd and I did have a VBAC with my 3rd. Good luck to you next time if that's what you decide to do!!

My best friends sister had an emergency section with her first, but a vbac with her second. She had a really amazing natural birth and it was a great experience after her section, which was traumatizing. So just because your first didn't go as planned, doesn't mean the second will be the same. There really is no way to know what will happen. :hugs: :hugs:
Good Luck on whatever you decide!
xx

I have no input here but just wanted to say sorry you had such a crappy birth experience and i hope next time you have a VBAC that goes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->