Vbac

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by elephant29, Jun 3, 2011.

1. elephant29

elephant29 Daddy, mummy, LO and bean

Hellooo

Just wondering if anyone who had a section with their first went on to have a VBAC with their second and how was it? Also do you think I will be allowed to try for a VBAC due to becoming pregnant only 8 mths after having my first?

xxx

2. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Congrats! You might want to try the home and natural birthing section, I know there are ladies in there who have had or are planning VBACs.

3. somebody

somebody Well-Known Member

I Have............

My daughter was breech so had a c section and my son was born 3 years later naturally. The hardest part was everyone seemed to think I know what I was doing at the labour stage when I didn't have a clue. Put all went well Son was born quite quickly and I' hoping to have natural adain this time. x

4. bumpsmum

bumpsmum Mummy to Matthew & Daniel

firsty congratulations!!

Im also wondering this I had am emer-csection but due to pre-eclampsia when they discussed future preg Im high risk so doubt they will let me VBAC I think it depends on the type of section you have and how much scar tissue as this is the thing they need to monitor that it doesnt tear during labour. As a guide they recommend 2 years for VBAC between pregnancies but as you'll be closer to year and a half mark I think you could aim for it and figure it out nearer the time.

Im torn I want to feel 'labour' or at least a contraction etc as my lo was early so didnt have that expereince but think the risk too much for me xx

5. 5-a-side

5-a-side Well-Known Member

Hi, congratulations on your pregnancy.
    I had an ECS with #1 and a VBAC (totally unadded/natural) with #2. It does depend on how your first section and recovery was but I would think you would be ok to go for a VBAC and if its what you want then fight for it.
    I did the hypno-birthing cd's as I had fears of having to have another section, and I can tell you I dont ever want a section ever again.
    Definatley visit the natural birthing section as Mum2B-clare said, they are a very knowledgeable and supportive bunch.