VBAEC - Am I kidding myself???

tjw

Mum to Ruby and Preggers
Reaction score
With my daughter I really wanted a waterbirth but had her a month early by emergency section after a tonne of problems.

SPD, Gestational Diabetes, Pre Eclampsia, and eventual Full Placental Abruption...

Do you think I'm being unrealistic in wanting a water birth this time round? Or should I be planning ahead for an elective section??

Have to be honest with you hun... SPD, GD, Pre-E is something that may not happen again and not so bad - but I really wouldn't recommend it if you've had a full placental abruption before, it's just so dangerous. You are at a higher risk of it occurring again. Is there any way of discussing with your doctor/midwife about the option of a water birthing centre inside a hospital?? I know we have one of those here (so you can go to hospital emerg immediately if needed).

I think there is a birthing pool at the hospital where I had my daughter.
I'm still waiting for my booking apt to come through...

If they don't have the birthing pool there, would you be able to rent one of the blow up ones and bring it in? I know my hospital (in the states) told us to bring our own pool if we wanted a water birth cause the only one they had didn't work.

Ahh, that would be a good idea. I'll ask at my booking apt :)

Do you think there's much chance that I'll get to that point?
I'm really worried about it all going pearshaped again so to speak...

It's worth even just planning for it. I was so lucky to have a very successful VBAC - with 2 uteruses,2 cervixes and 2 vaginas and was given about 5% chance of it going well from one OB (not sure how he came up with that,but anyway!). I had an amazing group of midwives, and was really well prepared mentally for it to go either way and physically did everything I could to work towards a natural birth. Luck plays a big part in it, but I think preparing really well didn't hurt either!
:hugs:

It's worth even just planning for it. I was so lucky to have a very successful VBAC - with 2 uteruses,2 cervixes and 2 vaginas and was given about 5% chance of it going well from one OB (not sure how he came up with that,but anyway!). I had an amazing group of midwives, and was really well prepared mentally for it to go either way and physically did everything I could to work towards a natural birth. Luck plays a big part in it, but I think preparing really well didn't hurt either!
:hugs:

I don't mean to sound rude, but you have two vaginas? Or did I just misunderstand you? :blush:

I'm hoping for a vba2c - first for failed iol and second elective for pre eclapmsia.

My only concern with you having a waterbirth is monitoring but some places can constantly monitor in a waterbirth - and with a previous abruption you would need it..

Have you looked at hypnobirthing? That's my plan - they cam hook me up if they want but it will still give me a natural birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->