VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by laurac1988, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc

:hugs: girls. We all want the same thing in the end, whether you have no earth babies, or ten, no angels or 15. The longing, the aching, it isnt measureable, we only know our own ache. I just hope we all get there.

2. wellsk

wellsk Iris' Mummy!

Beautifully put Tasha :hugs:

3. CaliDreaming

CaliDreaming Well-Known Member

Oooh, I hate people who "count other people's money". They are just jealous.

Yeah "different" is the best word for it, because it's hard to quantify how much someone wants something. I also think that different women are going to feel differently about it depending on their circumstances. Some may be fine with whatever God sends their way, while others might have their heart set on more than one.

I had a hard time conceiving my first, and back then I thought conceiving a second wouldn't be as stressful since I'd already have one, but I have had a rude awakening on that.

I think if I had to be honest, I think I'd have to say that I wanted #1 more intensely in the sense that I am not willing to go as far to get #2 as #1. I don't see myself feeling good about paying thousands for IVF or going into debt to conceive #2 whereas I absolutely would have done so to conceive #1.

However, that being said, I am having a much harder time coping with my infertility this time around. It totally took me off guard and seems so counterintuitive, but for me it's been true. The things I used to do to cope when I conceive dd I can't do now.

I used to be able to take time out for myself just to cry or be alone with my thoughts, but now that I'm busy with dd, I can't do that when I need to. I don't want to be crying in front of dd, I don't have time to cry at work, and then with the little time I have with dh, I don't want to spend it crying. So I have a lot of grief.

Another thing that's harder is worrying about dd and if she'll be okay being an only child. I was an only for 10 years, but I was a very quiet introverted child. Dd is very outgoing and I think she really needs a sibling. I just hate thinking about her having to play by herself as she grows up.

The other thing that's hard for me is that I don't feel like I pull out all the stops trying like I did for #1. If I find that there is some problem that needs a lot of money or a lot of time to fix, then that will have to be the end of trying for me. I hate that I don't have as much flexibility as I did before.

4. babydevil1989

babydevil1989 Well-Known Member

just either give me my AF or a BFP! being in limbo causes me so much stress!!!!!!! bloody body of mine!!

5. cntrygrl

cntrygrl Well-Known Member

If it comes down to it I wouldn't be too worried about DD being an only child. Since she is outgoing she will have no problems making friends if you socialize her in groups or even once school time comes. Best of luck to you on TTC #2.

6. kpk

kpk Hubs age 28, G man age 3

HA! YES! My sister-in-law to-be got knocked up after missing two pills and basically being my husband's brother's booty-call for about a month. She keeps telling us to have a baby (we haven't told anyone we're trying, so we can avoid all the uh...'helpful' advice) I want to punch her in the face.

7. HopefulCookie

HopefulCookie Well-Known Member

OMG I have been in such a baaaaaad mood. Before my boss left for her 5 week holiday, I had a MC and didn't tell her anything about the preg or mc. She's not married or has kids yet thinks she knows everything. She's a know it all and wants to be in your business and expects you to tell her your business. When you tell her anything about your life. She'll analyze it and tell you everything wrong with you and what you're doing wrong. And that you should listen to her advice and do it that way. Gah! Continuing...Due to the bleeding and cramping I ended up leaving for home from work two hours early a two days in a row. She b*tchingly tells me that I get sick too often and that I should try to be more professional and get help. And I should feel soooo lucky to have her since she is the only one who'd be willing to accommodate me and had it been someone else why would have not.

She came back yesterday from her vacation. She comes to work directly from the airport. WHO in their right mind does that!!! I wasn't in the office since I had a midday appointment with gyna, referred to me by my SIL since my own doesn't listen to me about pains I've been having. The place was packed with patients. It took forever to get to the place and back since it was so far and cuz of traffic. So couldn't go to work as I had planned. I did inform them.

Anywho my boss decides to call me and ask where the hell I am and my mother picks up. I was so exhausted I was napping - sad but true. And in a sarcastic tone asks my mom what's wrong with her now. My mom already knows about how my boss patronizes me so my mom snapped and said she had to go to the Doctor because she's been having some pains since her MC. OMG my boss flipped and was like WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL ME. oh I would have done this, and that. I would have given her time off. (She some months ago lectured me not to have kids anytime soon and if I accidentally do that I should have a back up plan about getting new work. WTF??) Today she calls up at work today and snaps at me WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME. blah blah. Honestly its not her business. She wasn't going to be supportive. She was going to make me feel shitty like she always does. GAAAAAHH

8. Fizzyfefe

Fizzyfefe Mama and pregnant with #2

Whoa! I can't believe you have a boss like that! How awful. I thought you had maternity leave, and your boss can't terminate you because you are pregnant or because of your family status?!

I'm sorry about your miscarriage. :hugs:

9. babymabey

babymabey Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I get this from people in my family the most. My husband and I have been saving as much as possible since Feb (when, after 8 years together, we finally got married) so we could go on a late honeymoon/vacation to Hawaii. We leave in about a month, and we get to be there a week. Every time I say something about it, about being excited, to my mother so always says something like "I wish I could take a vacation, hell I wish I had an extra penny to my name" it always makes me feel like crap.

10. HopefulCookie

HopefulCookie Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. :hugs: I'm emotionally so much better since the MC. I happened June 30th and it was my first preg. I was devastated but am hopeful once again. Sometimes I get these strong sharp stabbing pains on my left ovary and I get freaked because I don't know what's happening. gyna thinks nothing of it.

My boss thinks I'm a whining child. =_=

11. Stake

Stake Well-Known Member

Dear Boss,
    I can't come to work today. Im staying in bed and doing the dirty for the next 8 days straight. count that as my vacation time for this year.

12. nic18

nic18 Well-Known Member

hahahaha, this made me giggle!

13. kassiaethne

kassiaethne Mom of a beautiful boy

Rant: Itouch why are you so fragile *cries over her cracked screen*

14. nic18

nic18 Well-Known Member

too all the stupid 13-15 year olds going about the streets drinking please shut up! your doing my head in. going get drunk and lie in a gutter somewhere else! go and drink somewhere else!!

15. nic18

nic18 Well-Known Member

2nd vent of the night!!

just been sitting thinking about this!

to my dearest best friend :).. you 8month old baby is cute and i adore him ALOT! but you fell pregnant with him not knowing who the dad is cause you slept around with your ex boyfriend & his best friend, now you find out you are pregnant with a guy you were just 'seeing' by accident because you were to stupid to get contraception! i know you miscarried at the weekend and i truley sorry because i know how horrible it must be for you. but how do people like you who just sleep about and fuck guys about just fall pregnant? yet there are hundreds of women out there with OH and DH who do everything right but yet cant? YOU ANNOY ME BEST FRIEND! focus on your child you have, the last thing you need right now is another baby! your not stable enough to bring up a child and you have no income or anything! please just keep your legs shut.

16. tamithomas

tamithomas Well-Known Member

Dear life, not to play the worlds smallest violin but after everything I've been through since childhood up until now, would be too much to ask to at least just win the lottery so I can buy my dream house at the lake? :blush: :haha:

17. kassiaethne

kassiaethne Mom of a beautiful boy

good god party next door stop already your music has been shaking my appartment since 8pm and it is already 2am

18. tamithomas

tamithomas Well-Known Member

Warning:TMI.....Dear O, I'm fully aware of your presence that I'm in my fertile window. Please let me keep one pair of undies clean, the CM overload is annoying especially when DH and I can't do anything about it as he's not physically able to BD this month. I would hate to have to resort to panty liners as I'm one of those few women who feels more comfortable in thongs than actual undies lol.

19. 4magpies

4magpies TTC #2 IVF

Stop toying with me mr temperature.

Make your bloody mind up.

20. CaptainMummy

CaptainMummy Well-Known Member

Rant about myself... Stop giving into temptation when you see cakes and chocolate in the shop!

Omg i am so annoyed at myself but i just cant help it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.