VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got another one.

STFU people who only want to adopt. Yeah, it's great that you want to do that some day, but DON'T make me feel bad for wanting to conceive. Yeah, there are tons of kids who need good homes, but I want a kid that's biologically connected to me. My family histsory is really cool and important to me, and I want to pass that down to someone who it would mean something to. Sorry if that makes me a selfish a prick.

3 people I know are preggers, Oct & Dec due dates.... I can't go to another baby shower and not be expecting... the last one hurt way too much. I cried the whole way there.

3 people I know are preggers, Oct & Dec due dates.... I can't go to another baby shower and not be expecting... the last one hurt way too much. I cried the whole way there.

I come down with a "cold" every one I'm invited to ... say I'm too sick and just don't want to risk getting the knocked up one sick. I have avoided them, so I don't know how I would handle it - but I can pretty much guaranty it would end up with me crying myself to sleep in my hubbys arms that night after :cry:

You accidentally got pregnant with your first and it took you under a year to get pregnant with your second! YOU ARE NOT INFERTILE so shut the hell up!

Dear Cousin in law, you have SEVEN children. SEVEN. You Do NOT know how I feel so PLEASE stop saying that you do!

To my cousin: Relaxing will not get me pregnant, neither will ignoring my doctor's advice, neither will any of the other RIDICULOUS things you have suggested. They WON'T work and you should really stop saying that my infertility is my own fault...Unless you'd like to be punched, which can be arranged. Stop telling me to ask my 18 year old sister who is in nursing school and who hasn't even had the chance to have a baby of her own to be a surrogate for me. I would not do that!

To all of the other people who want to continue to make rude comments. First of all, I have been dieting for years, I have PCOS and thyroid issues, it's not something that is easy to control. I am not overweight by choice. I eat less than most of the skinny people I know!! Secondly, your "caring" comments about the perfect timing and "maybe it's not meant to be" are UNWARRANTED and completely rude. Finally, I don't need you to tell me what it's like to raise a child, I AM raising a child. Just because you regret yours does not mean that I will regret mine or that I regret raising my nephew. So please shut up.

If you've changed your mind or are having doubts, then have the fucking courage to tell me so and I'll back off!
It's completely unfair to just ignore the issue and leave me to crumble alone!

Dear Cousin in law, you have SEVEN children. SEVEN. You Do NOT know how I feel so PLEASE stop saying that you do!

To my cousin: Relaxing will not get me pregnant, neither will ignoring my doctor's advice, neither will any of the other RIDICULOUS things you have suggested. They WON'T work and you should really stop saying that my infertility is my own fault...Unless you'd like to be punched, which can be arranged. Stop telling me to ask my 18 year old sister who is in nursing school and who hasn't even had the chance to have a baby of her own to be a surrogate for me. I would not do that!

To all of the other people who want to continue to make rude comments. First of all, I have been dieting for years, I have PCOS and thyroid issues, it's not something that is easy to control. I am not overweight by choice. I eat less than most of the skinny people I know!! Secondly, your "caring" comments about the perfect timing and "maybe it's not meant to be" are UNWARRANTED and completely rude. Finally, I don't need you to tell me what it's like to raise a child, I AM raising a child. Just because you regret yours does not mean that I will regret mine or that I regret raising my nephew. So please shut up.

I just stood up in my living room and clapped. :thumbup:

To my family:
NO I'M NOT PREGNANT YET!! I just got married in december and my husband and i havent even had time to have the sex that leads to pregnancy because he's been away for Army training- AND YOU KNOW THIS!! You sound like a bunch of fucking five year olds who think that "marriage + kissing = BABY" ..Well it doesnt!! Grow the fuck up and use some common sense!

And to my friend from high school:
I'm happy for you! I really am! But from the day you found out you were pregnant you've been blowing up my facebook news feed with pictures and statuses every five minutes and its annoying! Did you really think the whole world wanted to see a picture of the pregnancy test that you PEED ON! Well i didnt! and all the pictures and posts after that have only dug the knife in further. I'll admit im jealous but its not like i havent tried to be supportive of you. I spent damn near $100 on clothes for your baby even though you cant even seem to be able to save my number in your phone, seeing as every time i text you you respond with "who is this?" ITS THE PERSON WHO EMPTIED HER BANK ACCOUNT BUYING SHIT FOR YOUR KID, THATS WHO! Thanks for making me feel like crap (but at least you were decent enough to say thank you)! And now that you've had the kid, its even worse. Believe me, I'm glad he's happy and healthy and cute, BUT I DONT WANT TO SEE FIFTY PICTURES OF HIM EVERY TIME I LOG ON AND I CERTAINLY DONT WANT TO READ ABOUT HIS "POOPY!"

Whoa unfriend her AlyCon!

I've seriously thought about it! But we were really close in high school and its just one of those situations where people just grow apart and get on with their own lives. Its just the kind of person i am, like if i called you friend at one point i will always look out for you. It just sucks that i'm still being considerate and generous to people who obviously could care less about me. I think i'm just going to unsubscribe that way i dont have to see her posts unless i want to. Cuz like i said we were really close and if her baby ever needed something i would still get it. I feel so sad sometimes always buying baby stuff for every one else and wondering if i will ever be buying this stuff for my own child :cry: Sorry i just unleashed all that emotion on you! :dohh:

I understand about the friendship loyalty. :hugs:
This is the vent thread so no apologies over emotion. You say it girl! We are all here for ya!

Whoa unfriend her AlyCon!

I've seriously thought about it! But we were really close in high school and its just one of those situations where people just grow apart and get on with their own lives. Its just the kind of person i am, like if i called you friend at one point i will always look out for you. It just sucks that i'm still being considerate and generous to people who obviously could care less about me. I think i'm just going to unsubscribe that way i dont have to see her posts unless i want to. Cuz like i said we were really close and if her baby ever needed something i would still get it. I feel so sad sometimes always buying baby stuff for every one else and wondering if i will ever be buying this stuff for my own child :cry: Sorry i just unleashed all that emotion on you! :dohh:

I can definitely understand not wanting to unfriend since you two were close at one point. Unsubscribing is a great idea. It's so sad when you grow apart from a friend.

This woman better lavish all kinds of presents on your baby when you get pregnant for all that you're having to put up with!!!

Sister: Oh you're pregnant? I'm happy, I really am. But you're 26, don't have a job, got pregnant by a complete AS*HOLE who you argue with constantly, have yet to quit smoking, and you get mad at our parents because they don't have the kind of food you want, and you say how you feel bad for your baby because you aren't eating...yet you still continue to smoke and are always able to pay for those and do god knows what else? GET A JOB! Stop playing the victim. Stop expecting hand outs and grow the EFF up! You can't afford to feed yourself, how do you plan on feeding your child? Yet a stable couple like my husband and I, who own our own home, and are financially stable have been trying for over 3 years for a baby with no luck?!

Sisters friend who already has 2 children she can't take care of that just posted 7 week ultrasound pictures on fb: Oh your baby doesn't like cigarettes? It makes you sick you say? THEN QUIT! You are growing a human inside of you you ignorant d*uche, you can't quit smoking to protect your child's LIFE?? I feel sorry for your existing children who wear clothes 5x too small, are always covered in dirt, and still wearing a DIAPER at the age of 5......but again, a deserving, loving couple who have been happily married for years and would never take having a child for granted can't. UGH it makes me SO angry I want to cry.

Whew, that felt good...great idea OP : )

My sister is living with us until she gets back on her feet.

The little things are getting to me but the big one today I found she used all but one tampon. I had a full value pack and a dozen others so we are talking 60+ tampons in the last 2 months. I knew she dipped into them on her last cycle and I know how few I used on my last cycle. I just noticed the empty box.

Who does that AND DOESN'T TELL YOU????
I told OH and he asked if she was selling them LOL
Glad I have back up night pads and noticed it before AF next week.

This woman better lavish all kinds of presents on your baby when you get pregnant for all that you're having to put up with!!!

But she wont! I already know she wont, and neither will the other girls who i bought baby things for. And im not even all that upset about it cuz all of them are pretty much poor. Theyre not homeless or anything but they still live with parents and both them and their boyfriends (cuz of course theyre not married!!) will have to work just to buy supplies for their child. The thing that made me most upset is that when she was still pregnant she made a post on FB asking how to apply for government assistance and all the other unwed teen moms commented telling her how to get it. It made so mad because of course theyre all having babies but the married and financially stable one (ME!!!) isnt able to conceive as easily. Grrr!

Sister: Oh you're pregnant? I'm happy, I really am. But you're 26, don't have a job, got pregnant by a complete AS*HOLE who you argue with constantly, have yet to quit smoking, and you get mad at our parents because they don't have the kind of food you want, and you say how you feel bad for your baby because you aren't eating...yet you still continue to smoke and are always able to pay for those and do god knows what else? GET A JOB! Stop playing the victim. Stop expecting hand outs and grow the EFF up! You can't afford to feed yourself, how do you plan on feeding your child? Yet a stable couple like my husband and I, who own our own home, and are financially stable have been trying for over 3 years for a baby with no luck?!

Sisters friend who already has 2 children she can't take care of that just posted 7 week ultrasound pictures on fb: Oh your baby doesn't like cigarettes? It makes you sick you say? THEN QUIT! You are growing a human inside of you you ignorant d*uche, you can't quit smoking to protect your child's LIFE?? I feel sorry for your existing children who wear clothes 5x too small, are always covered in dirt, and still wearing a DIAPER at the age of 5......but again, a deserving, loving couple who have been happily married for years and would never take having a child for granted can't. UGH it makes me SO angry I want to cry.

Whew, that felt good...great idea OP : )

Wow, I know how you feel here.

I know someone who is my age and is already pregnant with her second child. She's a chain smoker and it looks like she'll be smoking right the way through her pregnancy. :dohh: She's a complete dero and I absolutely cannot stand her! Ugh! Why her and not me?

This is to no one really, but I am so angry in general. I quit smoking two years ago so I could have a healthy pregnancy when my husband and I were ready to conceive and without changing my diet I managed to gain 20lbs in 2 weeks, then another 60lbs in the next 3 months. (My hormones went absolutely insane, and due to a recent sports injury, I could not put enough weight on my ankle to exercise at all.) Of course, this slowed down my cycles until I was only having one every 2-3 months.

Then, when the weight was finally coming off (because I was eating like 1000 calories a day even though my body technically needs 2100 a day) and my cycles had gotten back to normal I got on a new supplement. Not only did the supplement completely stop my cycles, but it caused me to gain another 30lbs!!! Mother of &%#$%&! I ended up 10 pounds HEAVIER than I was before!!! And now I haven't had a period in over 4 months. Uggggg!!!! :brat:

Luckily, with constant calorie counting, the weight is finally coming off again. I lost 5 lbs in the last month. But I'm still 223 lbs, up from 140 when I quit smoking.

And get this: I went to the midwife last week for a fertility appt and after explaining all of this to her, I heard a nurse whisper to another nurse, while looking in my direction, that people who can't even take care of their own health shouldn't even try to get pregnant. And something about how of course I can't get pregnant if I'm so fat.

WTF? Seriously??? Were you not right there when I was explaining to my midwife how much hell I have gone through since ripping up my ankle and quitting smoking??? For *** sake! I was a varsity soccer player! My softball team won state competitions. I was a figure skater all through high school and a gymnast before that. I am not some overeating, video-game-playing, whiny brat living on my mom's couch. I am a grown woman who has gone through 2 years of hell who is about thiiis far away from snapping. To that nurse: You try going from a size 9 to a size 20 in 4 months and see how you friggin feel!!!

And the real kicker? Even though I wish I could get in shape, no one will even bother to reconstruct the ligaments in my ankle because in their minds, what would an obese person like me need with an athletically able ankle anyway? I mean, why bother?

Maybe I should have just kept smoking. Statistically speaking, the amount of weight I am carrying now is far more unhealthy than the number of cigs I was smoking then, and the cigs didn't cause this level of infertility.

FML.

Sorry ladies. Just had to get that out.

Awww :hugs: pinksprinkles!
If I were you I would put a complaint in about that nurse, how very unprofessional to speak about a patient in that way, especially when said patient is in ear shot!!

Also keep making a fuss until they fix your ankle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"