Very active baby!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by nightkd, Dec 26, 2009.

1. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

I whipped the doppler out again today and took a while to find the baby.... He/she was sat pretty low and to my right again (seems to like it down there, but ob gyn found the HB right in the centre when we were in...)... Well I kept the doppler in the same place and the heartbeat kept getting really loud, then fainter, then really faint, then came back and was suddenly really loud again and so on.... Seems like Bean is doing somersaults in there!!! I'm not complaining! I expect this is a vision of what's to come as I was an extremely active baby for the entirety of my mum's pregnancy! :lol:

Is it normal for a 15 week old fetus to move about so much, or am I just blessed with a squirmer (who had hiccups for the majority of our last scan too :thumbup::lol:)?

xx

2. MrsGlitz

MrsGlitz Proud Mummy of 1

I assume it's perfectly normal.

At my midwife appointment at 16 weeks she listened to the heartbeat and kept having to move the Doppler because Baby H kept moving! Same thing happened at
    my first antenatal class at 20 weeks.

Also, last night I felt him kick me on the left hand side, this morning it was the right hand side and tonight it's much lower but in the middle! I guess he still has lots of room! Or as DH is hoping, he's going to be a professional footballer!

3. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

Ha! Our bub was kicking, had hiccups and was flailing around at our 13 week scan - the u/s tech couldn't figure how many bpm baby's heartbeat was because Bean wriggled out of the way as soon as she started recording the hb! :lol:

Stubborn little Bean - like mother like Bean! :p

4. SarahMelissa

SarahMelissa Maxy & Benny's Mummy

When i had the doppler out the other day, mine kept fading in and out so i assumed it was doing some summersaults in there :)

5. MrsGlitz

He's moved again already!

I am ultra lazy so he obviously doesn't take after me! LOL!

6. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

I just find it so fascinating!! Like our babies are entertaining themselves in the womb :lol:

:rofl: MrsGlitz!! You never know, maybe he's just tiring himself out, so when he's born he'll be a really snoozy baby!!

I never napped as a baby (I mean literally was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks and then as I got older would sleep 10pm til 9am and have a 10 minute nap on the way to my dad's work to pick him up...) and Bean seems to disappear to the back of my womb at night, into his 'bedroom' as DH says :lol: so maybe he/she will be taking after me - bouncing off the walls during the day and sleeping through the night! That's fine with me! :thumbup::lol:

xx

7. MrsGlitz

Over the past couple of weeks I have been waking up during the night for no apparant reason; I now think it's him moving as when I woke at 5am this morning and reaslised it was Christmas Day I then couldn't get back to sleep but felt him kicking away!

8. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

Yes its normal :) Baby is still small enough that he/she has loads of room to move around in there and can squirm and flip all over the place :)