very concerned even though doctor hasnt said anything :/

keljt1127

Reaction score
I had a doctor apt today and i have gained 29 lbs!
29 lbs in 29 weeks!

I was on the small side before i got pregnant....
wearing size 0 jeans and xsmall t-shirts in junior sizes
110lbs but i am short! 5'2.
so i exspected that I would gain a little more than average :shrug:

Now I wear size 2 jeans ( i swear my thighs n hips got huge! )
and of course I wear small t-shirts, but soon to be mediums.

I just get worried because I dont eat like I should!
LO wants sweets all the time :blush::winkwink: lolol

29 lbs tho seems like alot and im not even in my week 30's yet!

You're fine.

I've gained almost 40 lbs and I'm 40 weeks tomorrow.

It's mostly bump and boobs though, I was 134 lbs before pregnancy, now I'm about 173 lbs and I'm 5'9.. so I was very skinny before hand.
Also I do eat good/healthy, and I still gain weight, so it's mostly baby related.

You're fine, don't worry. I gained 30lbs in 30 weeks, and was the same size as you pre-pregnancy. I thought I'd put on more to be honest as I was classed as underweight to start with. It's not obvious I am pregnant from behind, only when I am in profile! I haven't gained anything other than a bit in my bum and hips - not even in my face, which is the biggest surprise because that is where I have always gained first, but not this time. I am delighted - was dreading the moon face!! I wear medium tops now but that's so that they're long enough - small still fits on my arms etc. If your doctor was concerned, they would tell you, but I say (in my very humble opinion!) you're bang on target :)

I was pretty thin when I had my first two children, one at 18 and the other at 25. I'm 5'4" and was probably a size 2-4 when I got pregnant, around 125 lbs. I got up to 180 with one and 185 with the other, can't remember which was which, but my point in telling you this was that I never had a problem losing the weight after. In fact, by the time my kids were a year old, I was thinner than before I had gotten pregnant. I know I gained quite a bit a weight, much more than was recommended, but for me it worked. This time is a little different because I am 34 and started this pregnancy a little overweight at 154 and at 21 weeks I am up to 161. I'm just hoping I can keep my weight in check and not end up heavier than I did with my other two. So far I think I'm good for that. I really wouldn't worry unless you have a sudden gain that could be water, which is a sign of preeclampsia. Weight gain just goes with the territory.

yeah they say that if your "underweight" you should gain 35-45lbs i believe. normal i think is 25-35. id say your fine lol. Im 5*9 and weighed 165 before I got pregnant lol. and that was just a year after having my other DD. so i still had some babyweight lmao. :)

You're OK sweetie..I to am very tiny when not pg 120 (all tho when I got pg I was 134 because my periods were not normal because of my weight so I gained 14 pounds had one normal period and got pg) a size 0/2 extra small shirt I'm 5 foot 6 inches..anyway I've gained nearly 50 pounds this pg (ob is happy about that as he feels even with the 14 pound weight gain to get pg im way under weight when not pg) He says smaller ladies tend to gain more when pg and lose it fast after (I have gained alot with all my pgs and lost it very fast) It sounds like your doc isn't worried about it..I wouldn't worry either honey :)

I started out a size 0 and now I'm a size 5. I was 98 pounds pre pregnancy and now I'm about 27 weeks and weigh 128 pounds. My doctors are glad I've gained the weight that I have.

a lb a week is normal.

Although what 'normal' is is usually bullshit.

As long as baby is growing and you are healthy it doesnt matter how much weight you've put on.

Don't worry, if your doctor isn't worried, then you needn't be. I have gone up from 8 stone 3 to nine stone 12 so far :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->