Very concerned! Faint lines. Please give advice.

Keza

Reaction score
Hello ladies I haven't been back here for some years. I found out on Thursday im pregnant with my second (2 weeks post conception) I took a clear blue date test that confirmed im 1-2 weeks pregnant. Ive been taking tests every day since and the very faint second lines are not getting darker I even took an ovulation one this morning too as they are supposed to show positive, mine showed nothing. I cant help but freak out my hgc isn't rising and im going to miscarry or that something even worse like ectopic is going on. Does anyone have any advice. The only symptom I have is very sore breasts since about 3 days after conception. I have pcos and my periods are irregular I ovulated 1 month after my last period.

Tests really arent a reliable way to check your levels are rising hun. Only bloods can tell you that. Too many things can influence line darkness, such as urine concentration. Plus I wouldn't take any notice of ovulation tests. They aren't designed to detect pregnancy. If your concerned Id see a gp rather than worrying yourself.

I think that lines can sometimes be an indicator of rising hcg, they always have been for me. that said, every woman and every pregnancy is sooo different. You said you just found out on Thursday? Chances are your hcg is rising but it's still low so lines are still faint. Some people have really low hcg and end up with a healthy baby, some people have crazy dark lines early on with high hcg and end up with a m/c. The massive variation between pregnancies and women combined with how early on you are, please don't worry! My advice is to not test at all, though I know how hard it is not to. The important thing is you're pregnant, as long as you're not bleeding heavily and cramping I would stay positive! Good luck!! :hugs:

I totally agree with these ladies. I got pretty obsessed about my lines getting darker the week after I got my bfp. However, some ladies on here advised me to out away the sticks! Lol The first couple weeks are nerve wracking until the first scan, but you really can drive yourself crazy. I ended up having to go in for an early scan at 6 weeks because of the flu, and that reassured me a ton. Maybe you can try to get in for an early scan?

Definitely try testing first thing in the morning using the same type of test, as all the others suggested. But that being said, I went through a chemical last month and before I knew what was happening I desperately clung to stories about others who had faint lines through their whole pregnancy. In my case, the lines not getting dark was an indication that the pregnancy was failing. I wish you all the best and hope your story turns out to be a happy one.

Yes you need to stop testing. Lines do not get darker in a day. If you are that concerned of something going wrong, then you need to ask your dr to do regular hcg blood tests to see if its rising properly. ONLY that will tell you how the pregnancy is going. There is no need to stress over testing each day. Stress is not good. I understand you are worried, however even if something were to happen there is nothing that can be done. The best is to just wait it out. Tests can only do one thing...tell you if you are pregnant or not. It doesnt tell you about the pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->