Very constipated baby... help?

ktm_x

Ellie's Mummy x
Reaction score
My lo is 2 weeks old and has been constipated for the last few days. She is crying a lot and her stomach is hard and she is kicking. I’ve tried a bath and massaging her but it’s not letting up, does anyone have any solutions?

Thabks

Is she breast or formula fed? My eldest had constipation (caused by kidney problems though) and certain formula brands definitely made it worse. Massage, cool boiled water etc did not help him and he was put on a laxative at 4 weeks which was the only thing that helped in the end. Hopefully you get it figured out, it's no fun especially when they are so little!

She is formula fed on aptamil. Can I give her cooled boiled water at two weeks?

She is formula fed on aptamil. Can I give her cooled boiled water at two weeks?

Honestly I'm not even sure if that is advised anymore, it was 6 years ago I was told this and think I read it's not advised now so I'd check with a professional! Cow & Gate was awful for mine and Aptimal great but I know other people who had constipation issues with Aptimal, it really is different for each baby but I would say there is no harm in trying a different brand to see if it helps. :)

Yes, you are able to give her cooled boiled water.

As long as it doesn't interfere and become a substitute for her normal milk it's okay.

My son has struggled with going to the toilet since he was born and was advised by both my doctor and health visitor to try water in between feeds.

At 2 months old my doctor said I could give a little diluted juice. Maybe call and ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->