Very different due dates?

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I hope you guys are doing well and passing the time, at least for me first tri goes very slow and is no fun with the morning sickness lol.

So I had two scans, very close together, because my first official scan was cancelled and I had a weird feeling so got a private scan done. The lady I used in my past pregnancy and her dates were almost on point, around 2 days difference with at the doctor's in Europe (currently living on an island lol! and the machinery and expertise here is sadly not on par).

So I got dated today at my 'official' scan at the doctor's, they're supposed to be the 2nd best the island has (which is comforting! and their technology looked pretty up to date I was impressed!). I'll be going to the best for the 20th week scan, he was pretty much fully booked.

So the private scan gave me as due date February 7th, and my official scan I got dated January 28th. To me that is a big difference :blush:

I have been tracking my period for 1.5 years, and have an average cycle of 30-31 days (some times 30 sometimes 31) and I used ovulation sticks, and had symptoms etc. My last period was on April 23rd and I ovulated around May 9-10th.

I just don't know which date to go by now! I'd rather just use the date given by my ovulation which would be January 30th, but I dunno. The reason I am worried is I don't want them to be like oh her due date is January 28th, and it is later and then they wouldn't let me go as much over as baby would need.

Lol sorry!! Which date would you go by? Or should I just wait for the 20th week scan?

I'd personally pick a date in the middle...Feb 3rd or so. Ha, obviously it's whenever baby is ready, and I don't see a need to have an exact date.. but your dates are only a week apart anyways which really isn't much hun.
Your 20w scan will definitely be more accurate, I'm sure.

Think I'd go by the official scan... As even though you know when you ovulated you don't know he exact date of when baby implanted :)

I always go by the later date to buy more time from induction talk etc. There's really a 5 week due period anyway so either way its not exact, but going with a later date will take a bit of pressure off YOU first of all in those final weeks when everyone is asking if you've had your baby yet when you haven't even reached your due date :grr:, as well as giving baby a higher chance to come on his/her own if you have an induction happy Dr who doesn't like babies to go past 40 weeks.

But you probably wont be given a say in the matter tbh. But use the 7th with family and friends at least. Its a sanity saver for sure.

Your dates are very similar to mine my LMP was the 26th April but we only did the deed on the 10th May so I must have ovulated that day or day before/after. I'm off for my scan later so Ill post back with the date I'm given but yes I'd go with something in between :thumbup:

Thank you for the replies everybody! I was thinking an in between could be best. I do have to be honest and say that I looked back at my notes, and noted implementation cramps way after ovulation...like more than a week. I don't know how that works exactly, but it did make me think!

I also dislike not having a date I am sure of, for when I'll be announcing my pregnancy. Hopefully the 20th week scan will clear some things up!

Sorry realised I ever came back to this post I was given the due date of the 1/2/16 so I think your probably due around the firt couple of days in Feb too. Hope that's a lil helpful xx

Those are pretty much my exact dates with my son (lmp April 24th and ov 10th may) my due date was January 31st so I would go with the 28th xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->