Very discouraged... please help if you can

lw0619

Reaction score
well ladies, after all my excitement of my +opk, i got very discouraging news today. If you read my sig, youll understand my dilemma of TTC and prolactin levels. I just got blood results back, and my prolactin has gone back up again (24- normal is 3-23). AND i feel like i probably didnt actually ovulate. My estrogen levels were only in the 50s, which are UP from past tests and my LH levels are up too. Im thinking i didnt actually release an egg though. Arent your estrogen levels in the 200s or higher to actually release a mature egg? Also, ive been drinking a protein shake (body by vi) once a day which contains soy isolate. Well, everything ive read says soy isolate is supposed to HELP with prolactin levels and estrogen... Does anyone know otherwise? Ive been using almond milk and i thought that was supposed to help too. If you know anything about this, PLEASE inform me. im so bummed right now. I didnt expect to actually get pregnant this month, but of course i was hopeful. now i feel completely the opposite and if my prolactin continues to go, ill just be in the same boat ive been in the past 5 years- no estrogen, LH or ovulation :cry:

I am so sorry to hear that :'(
I wish I knew more about hormone levels to help you!
Do you know what your next step will be?
:hugs:

thanks lovee... well, my endo wants me to start taking more of my meds. which i am. but im gonna take more than she said to. i also have my FS appt on monday and ill have more labs done then to see if theres a pattern. my endo tells me today she doesnt want me to get pregnant yet though so we can have another MRI to check on my tumor. WHAT?! asking a woman whos been trying for 3 years to "not try" the first month she thought she had a slight chance is like asking a crazy person to just be "sane" for one day! i hate to tell her that the damage has already been done! I mean, not that i really think we're gonna get pregnant (bc again, im not even sure i actually Oed anymore), but she should think about that for just a minute! anyhow, thanks for responding (and putting my thread back at the top ;)

thanks lovee... well, my endo wants me to start taking more of my meds. which i am. but im gonna take more than she said to. i also have my FS appt on monday and ill have more labs done then to see if theres a pattern. my endo tells me today she doesnt want me to get pregnant yet though so we can have another MRI to check on my tumor. WHAT?! asking a woman whos been trying for 3 years to "not try" the first month she thought she had a slight chance is like asking a crazy person to just be "sane" for one day! i hate to tell her that the damage has already been done! I mean, not that i really think we're gonna get pregnant (bc again, im not even sure i actually Oed anymore), but she should think about that for just a minute! anyhow, thanks for responding (and putting my thread back at the top ;)

I would have had to keep myself from wanting to slap her lol not really but, still I would of looked at her like "ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Stop trying!?" I really hope everything works out for you hun! You know your body better than anyone, remember that :)
:hugs:

Hi Hun, didn't want to read and run. I have no advice for you but I just wanted to send you some :dust: and hope that things start to work out for you.

well ladies, after all my excitement of my +opk, i got very discouraging news today. If you read my sig, youll understand my dilemma of TTC and prolactin levels. I just got blood results back, and my prolactin has gone back up again (24- normal is 3-23). AND i feel like i probably didnt actually ovulate. My estrogen levels were only in the 50s, which are UP from past tests and my LH levels are up too. Im thinking i didnt actually release an egg though. Arent your estrogen levels in the 200s or higher to actually release a mature egg? Also, ive been drinking a protein shake (body by vi) once a day which contains soy isolate. Well, everything ive read says soy isolate is supposed to HELP with prolactin levels and estrogen... Does anyone know otherwise? Ive been using almond milk and i thought that was supposed to help too. If you know anything about this, PLEASE inform me. im so bummed right now. I didnt expect to actually get pregnant this month, but of course i was hopeful. now i feel completely the opposite and if my prolactin continues to go, ill just be in the same boat ive been in the past 5 years- no estrogen, LH or ovulation :cry:

:( sounds like you have it rough, I have a prolactinoma too but i appear to still be cycling although starting too worry as im on cycle 8 and not a hint of success when my first son was conceived instantly (before the tumor)

:( sounds like you have it rough, I have a prolactinoma too but i appear to still be cycling although starting too worry as im on cycle 8 and not a hint of success when my first son was conceived instantly (before the tumor)

Thanks. Its been a very long journey and I thought i was possibly through the roughest part. Now im just not so sure :/ How high are your prolactin levels? Are you sure youre actually releasing an egg? Im thinking ny estrogen was up and caused my LH to surge, therefore, I should still have a period... but I just dont think i actually released an egg this month. We'll see. I wish you all the luck and thanks again for your response. If you ever have any questions, just let me know! Ive been dealing with this for 5 years now :(

Hey hun, didn't want to read and run.... Don't know much about prolactin levels or anything but i do know theres a light at the end of the tunnel. keep your head up and stay positive!!!!!

xxx

This probably sounds idiotic but have you tried acupuncture? I have used it for everything and it's had a huge impact on my health issues. I would seek on out who specializes in fertility issues. Good luck and :dust:

This probably sounds idiotic but have you tried acupuncture? I have used it for everything and it's had a huge impact on my health issues. I would seek on out who specializes in fertility issues. Good luck and :dust:

That does NOT sound idiotic at all! I have heard nothing but great things about accupunture helping so many women with their fertility issues. I believe you should try everything you can as naturally as possible first before you go the medication route. But that's just me :) sometimes what you need is a pill or two!

I HAVE actually thought about acupuncture. When I first heard about it, I laughed at the thought, but when i brought it up to my FS he informed me that they actually do acupuncture in his office! I just dont know how much it costs. but im definitely not opposed to it if all else fails!!

Thanks. Its been a very long journey and I thought i was possibly through the roughest part. Now im just not so sure :/ How high are your prolactin levels? Are you sure youre actually releasing an egg? Im thinking ny estrogen was up and caused my LH to surge, therefore, I should still have a period... but I just dont think i actually released an egg this month. We'll see. I wish you all the luck and thanks again for your response. If you ever have any questions, just let me know! Ive been dealing with this for 5 years now :(

for some reason my doctors refuse to give actual results (even though im a biomed student so would actually understand them) mine are apparently 'very high compared to normal but just below threshold of intervention' as they say

i dont suffer much apart from leaky boobs (which come and go) and bad skin breakouts (which are painful and look terrible :cry:) everything else 'seems' fine, but if nothing happens in the next two month im going to go back again

my doctors are pretty rubbish at diagnosis though, ive had kidney damage for 12 years (due to pnumococcal septicemia when i was young) and it took 10 to get them to recognize it and for 3 years ive been under 'investigation' for arthritis but all the will ever do is blood tests which give no answers (especially since the arthritis in our family dosnt show up in blood)

I feel like a hypochondriac but other than those 3 issues im fine but they just wont fix them

(sorry for the random rant lol)

well i hope you get some good luck soon, fx'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"