Very embarassing question!

Hope13

Reaction score
Hi

This is a very embarassing question but Im very early on, about 4 weeks. My DH and I had 'bedroom time' this afternoon but with no penetration. I had an orgasm and when I went in the bath about an hour ago, there was quite a bit of brown blood when wiping prior to getting in the bath. I have just checked and now this is pinkish. I am so worried, not to mention my husband. Do orgasms cause bleeding? Please help either honestly or reassuringly. Up to now, I dont seem to have stomach cramps, only back ache which I have had on and off for a while now. Thank you. x

Sorry I can't help but didn't want to read and run. x

Yes sex can cause spotting! It is something to do with the cervix being covered in blood but as you said you had no penetration, I am not sure that this is what has caused it!
Do you have an EPU (Early pregnancy unit) near you?

We do have an epu but its wierd as over the past week or so when orgasming, this seems to have happened (my sex drive is through the roof, lol). I had spotting in my first pregnancy 9 years ago but we have been ttc for 2 years and this is worrying me more. I am really tired today and so hungry so I guess the other symptoms are still there. Im just hoping im not heading for a m/c. No more bedroom antics at all for me now! x

I'd pop to your EPU hun just to make sure everything is okay. :hugs:

We do have an epu but its wierd as over the past week or so when orgasming, this seems to have happened (my sex drive is through the roof, lol). I had spotting in my first pregnancy 9 years ago but we have been ttc for 2 years and this is worrying me more. I am really tired today and so hungry so I guess the other symptoms are still there. Im just hoping im not heading for a m/c. No more bedroom antics at all for me now! x

I think that is sensible for now hun!
Normally if you turn up at the EPU they will scan you there and then.

I had brown spotting after an orgasm...and also full on bright red blood with a clot after orgasm. I found out I have a low lying placenta (or placenta previa) which means its covering the cervix and can easily be irritated and cause bleeding, especially after sex/orgasm.

i had this! I had an early scan and i had developed some tiny ovarian cysts very common in pregnancy, and penetration had ruptured them, causing bleeding I thought id induced a miscarriage!!! Went on to have a healthy baby. If ur not having penetration it might have something to do with when u orgasm ur uterus contracts (like rocking) so maybe any loose lining from implantation is coming away? Its only a theory but maybe abstain 4 now and ask ur midwife. Hth x

It could be because you're about to start your period. Its a brown color cuz its old blood coming out before the new blood.

I'm not sure about the spotting but orgasm's have sometimes caused a bit of cramping for me. Probably nothing to worry about but if it's worrying you you may want to hold off until you can ask a medical professional before having anymore bedroom fun ;)

I think i read somewhere on this forum that orgasms are rougher on your uterus than regular sex is. Could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->