very first OPK's, Help+Info needed please!

HailzLM

TTC No.1 after MC No.1
Reaction score
So to get myself to feeling more positive about this cycle i've decided to bite the bullet and just ordered myself some OPK's for the first time. Never used them before, Never even READ too much about them before, But i want to know that i AM BDing on the right days of the month and not just missing it completely and then getting downhearted for no reason you know?? They should be delivered on 2nd Feb so by then i'll be on CD5.

I have a few questions.. I know that the OPK's go by the surge of 'leheal' (oh god how embarasssing i cant remember how to spell it but you all know what i mean!) that is the hormone which is detected when ovulation is to occur 12-36 hours later .. so my questions..

When should i begin using the OPK's? On what cycle day? ive heard CD10?

Will the difference in the control line and the other line be a BIG difference? will it be really noticeable? when is the best time of day to take them?

ANY other info would be really appreciated ladies!
Sorry im a newbie to them!

Hi,

I don't think you're supposed to take them with FMU because it could give you a false result... I've heard that taking them during the day or the evening after not drinking for 2 hours is best... and it's always worked fine for me :)

It all depends on how long your cycle is, if you have a shorter cycle then start testing between CD8-CD10, just to cover every base.

As for the line... as long as it's either the same as or darker than the control line it's a positive. If it's lighter/fainter, then it's a negative.

I find it best to take two every day, because sometimes the surge can be so quick you miss it like I did this cycle lol

Baby dust and good luck :) xx

thanku TTCSept! really helpful! hopefully i wnot go mad with it! haha

Hi,
I have been using OPK's the last two months.
How long is your cycle? Is it regular?
I had a 33 day cycle last month and had a positive OPK on CD23, this month i have again had a positive OPK on CD23. So if i use them next month i would probably start testing on CD17 or so to make sure i don't miss it.
If you cycle is shorter then mine you should start using them earlier.

From CD21 this month i took two a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, on CD23 i got a negative in the morning and a positive in the afternoon, on CD24 i got a positive in the morning.
I think the risk with taking them in the morning is that a lot of women will have a surge in thier LH hormone in the morning and so that won't register on an OPK until the afternoon, so you could miss it. But if you are using two a day then that is less likely.
Good luck
xx

well my average cycle varies from 27/28 days but this cycle for some reason it was only 24, this same thing happened in November i had a 24 day cycle, im not sure why, but GENERALLY its around the 27/28 day mark, ive read i should start testing on cd10 but im afraid ill miss it, do you think i should start testing earlier incase i have another short month? all very confusing!

can someone tell me when i should aim to start testing with my OPK's please? bit confused!

For me since sometime I seem to ovulate very early I start testing around cd 7. You can start testing right after your period end or 2 day after it ends since you don't know how long your cycle will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->