Very frequent urination in my 7 week old

MillieMoo

Mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
My lo is Constantly peeing! All her nappies are wet through and very heavy from all the wee! I've changed her nappy because it's wet then whilst changing it she pees again! Then I put the new nappy on and within 10 mins it's wet again!

I've also noticed recently it really smells strong!! I'm not sure if the actual wee smells stronger or just because theres loads of it that it smells!

Is this normal??

My little one used to wee EVERY time I changed him for many months! Lots of wee in nappies is usually considered at good sign that everything's working well! The constant nappy changing eases as time goes on, as long as you're using a barrier cream and changing her nappy frequently I wouldn't worry too much about changing the nappy for one wee (although this is exactly what I used to do :haha:). Sometimes varying the brand of nappy you use might impact the smell. I find Pampers make his wee smell very strong. But check with your HV if you're worried, they're there to put your mind at rest (or at least the good ones are!). x

my seven week old is doing the same :) :hugs:

Thanks ladies!

I'm going to see the dr tomorrow for me so I will mention it just in case. We are using pampers so maybe that's why it smells so strong!

Are you BF or FF? I don't know about FF at thid age but all mine had 10+ leaking, sopping wet nappies a day at that age (all were either EBF or close to it), I was told it was just a good milk supply xx

babies of this age have very small bladders and cant hold a lot of urine. youl find as your baby gets older that her bladder capacity increases and she will be able to hold more urine. youl hopefully also see that she wont pee near as often when you change her.

my little boy has a wet nappy at every feed. every 3 hours. and usually wees in it as soon as i put a fresh one it. he also still wee when i take it off, but not as often as he used to.

i sometimes think that its the nappies that smell a bit funny when they get really sodden as apossed to the babys urine.

hope this helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->