Very large baby measurements!

i make big babies anyway lol first was 9lb 10oz, second was 10lb 12oz and im expecting this one to be at least around the 9lb mark , baby was measuring on the 75centile at my scan at 33wks but both my others were born on higher centiles than that lol

scans can be 15-30% out in their measurements they are really not that reliable in predicting babys size

Had a growth scan today (been measuring 4cms over for a while) and put weight at 5lb 11oz. Which I think is around 50th centile. Had said to mw before I think it's how I'm carrying not weight of baby so wasn't worried, more curious lol! DS was 7lb 4oz born at 38 weeks so guessing this one will be about same

I had a scan yesterday at 33+4 and the measurements were:

BPD 87mm
OFD 114.9
HC 317.1
AC 320.6
FL 65.2

Est weight 5lbs14oz.

When I asked if that was on the large side of average she said the head measurement was average so growing at a normal rate. The tummy measurement has been big since 20 weeks! :)
Think estimated weight should be taken with a pinch of salt, but in my NCT group recently they showed us the difference between a 6,8 and 10lb baby and the difference to look at really was marginal - not the huge difference you'd expect. Was definitely a relief to know a big baby wouldn't actually be much harder to deliver than a smaller one.
They're all designed to come out! :)

I just posted a thread on this - sorry! I wish I had seen yours before I did! lol!! Same subject matter!!

I had a scan on Monday at exactly 36 weeks and lo's est weight is 6lbs 6ozs.

Im also wondering what the average is here.

Hope everything goes ok for you! xxxx

I had mine on Tuesday .. i was 32+6
My measurements were:
BPD: 92
HC: 322
AC: 287
FL: 67

Estimated weight 5lb 2oz
Didn't give me an estimated birth weight though =O

Well they say from this point they put on half a pound per week so you are looking at About 8.5lbs

I haven't had anything measured but at 29 weeks obgyn felt my stomach and said babys head was already quite large and I really shouldn't put on much more weight because I am so petite (5 foot nothing)?! which is crazy with 2 baby showers, Christmas and the holidays, etc. How could I not put on more weight. I'll see what she says because I have my 2 weeks appt later on today. I was thinking if this baby will be huge, maybe at 38 weeks they will induce me. *sigh*

just to let you know they were sure baby would be 10/11lb she was born 40+4 at 9lb 3oz so they can be out alittle x

I've dug out my scan results from 34 weeks.

Head 345
Abdomen 332
Femur 67

Est weight 2972g

My first baby was 10lb 5. Hoping this one isnt too much bigger....

i had scan at 33 +3 he was 5lb 13oz got one this Thursday as well see how hes going im going to be induced due to gd my 1st was 9lb 13oz at 41+1 was not induced and second was 38+2 and was 6lb she flew out lol and was induced :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->