Very low AMH, is IVF success possible?

Lrowbie

Reaction score
Hi,

I just found out last week that my AMH is 0.32, I'm 27 years old. My estrogen on day 3 was 280. My RE said our only chance for success would be with IVF. At this point I feel like I'm never going to have a family of my own.

I'm hoping to hear some success stories before we spend a ton of money on one try.

Hi there! Yes it is possible but I've found that ivf is the only way that worked for me! My amh was .17 in 2013, I did ivf and got pregnant and now have an 11 month old son! We tried to get preg on our own for 6 months while working with our doctor to start ivf round 2 with no luck on our own. I just finished cycle 2 and am in the tww, so praying I get pregnant, but yes it's definitely possible! You'll get a smaller number of eggs but my RE kept saying that my age would mean they were good quality eggs, I was 30 at the time so you should definitely be ok. Where are you located?

Oh that's awesome! Thanks for the reply! I'm in ontario Canada. We're a little worried about my egg quality since I have had 4 early miscarriages, but will be doing PGD as well. Where abouts are you?

I'm in Florida. My RE had me take 600 ius of co q10 daily and 25mg of dhea 3x a day 3 months prior to my cycle to improve egg quality! You should inquire about that. When are you thinking about starting a cycle? I'll let you know up front that it's a mentally draining process but it goes by fast until you're in the tww, and when you look back you'll be amazed you made it through and juggled everything!

I am currently taking Coq10, but I will inquire. My RE Has recommended we don't waste any time as apperentky AMH only gets worth with time. Thinking about starting in Feb.

The interesting thing is back in 2013 my amh was .17, I just had my amh rechecked this past summer and it was .9, so it went up. My doctor believes that some months are better than others for me at predicting my ovarian reserve! I ease static that it didn't go down!

What's your protocol?

Just be prepared that you probably won't get too many eggs, I only got 6 each time, but it's true, you only need 1 good egg!!! So don't stress about that.

Btw, I'm 9 days past transfer and have gotten a very faint line on a hpt yesterday and today. My official testing day is this Friday!

That's awrsome that it went up! My re believes that I am a rare case and have declined extrely quickly. I'm just waiting for my cd1 then we begin ivf treatment. He has my taking estradol right now for two weeks to suppress the growth, vit D, folic acid and prenatal.

Congratulations!! Have you had your blood test yet?? Is it confirmed? Was this your first try?

Well looks like you'll be starting soon! Best of luck! Just take it one day at a time and stay positive!
This one my first round of ivf for my 2nd child. I've had 2 betas and both show I'm pregnant and are increasing as expected! So I'm cautiously excited!! Eek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->