Very low and slow rising HCG

Desire2Mom

Proud mama of twins!
Reaction score
I started with injectables 9/13 (CD3), triggered on 9/28, and IUI and started progesterone suppositories on 9/30 (doctor was fairly confident I would O that night). I tested out my trigger which was stark white 11dpt, followed by a positive HPT 12dpt/10dpiui. I went in for my first beta the next morning and it was only 4. Because it was early, we did a second one 48hrs later and it only went to 5. Technically still negative, but because it went up, we did a 3rd beta another 48hrs later and it went to 11. The nurse practitioner in the office discussed it likely not a viable pregnancy and will either miscarry or be ectopic. I have another beta on the 17th see if what it's doing.
I need to boost my spirits! Anyone have positive outcomes with very low and slow rising HCG? Or thoughts on why it could be low?

I had mine checked at 13 dpo and it was a 7. My office considered this negative and told me to call back in a week if I had a positive hpt. Well a week later it was 246.

Hcg has to start somewhere so maybe that's all it is for you. Your last to betas werr doubling at 48 hours which is positive.

With my last pregNancy my hcg at 12 dpo was 11. I had gotten a faint bfp on 10dpo so my levels must have been around 5 at 10 dpo with the first bfp. 14 dpo it went to 33. The 16 dpo 284!
Don't give up hope and don't listen to the nurse. The nurse at my obgyn's office also told me pregnancy is not likely viable- my now 16 month old kept me up all night last night :).
You're still very early on and like the other poster said hcg has to start somewhere! Good luck!!!

Thank you ladies! I read stories about "low" hcg, but it's always the low side of normal ranges. I know doubling is important, I'd just like to see some kind of jump to let me know everything is okay. I have had negative HPT since my positive, so it just kills me to wait until each beta results come back. We've been trying for 12 years and this is the first time we've ever had a positive test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->