Very positive OPK right before AF?

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
Ok I can’t remember how things work clearly. I have had two babies close together so I have had only three periods since 2018 and I am also breastfeeding.
DD2 is 8 months old and still breastfeeding day and night although as started solid foods so has reduced her milk a little. I had my first period since her birth in November and am currently on CD28 and this evening did an OPK which was really, really positive. Did another which was slightly darker. I can’t remember whether you can get positive OPKs this dark right before AF or if it’s possible my cycles are just going to be wonky for a while and I’m about to ovulate. Really crampy, felt like impending AF but not sure now. Not temping, but want to start so I can track things more accurately

I think some of the ladies on here have said that a positive opk near when AF is due could be because of HCG! Maybe do a test?

Welcome back! Fingers crossed for you ❤️

Thank you
I think some of the ladies on here have said that a positive opk near when AF is due could be because of HCG! Maybe do a test?

Oh I'm definitely not pregnant. We haven't really done anything for ages and ages. Three times since Bluebell's arrival, two of those times were before AF and third time yesterday I just wasn't expecting a positive OPK because in theory I would be due AF in the next couple of days but I know it probably won't be clockwork yet. I know you can get another LH surge right before AF but I can't remember if it can be enough for a positive OPK

I had a positive OPK when I was pregnant with my 9 year old son, it was just B4 AF was due.
Got DH to go get a pregnancy test and got my BFP.

I had a positive OPK when I was pregnant with my 9 year old son, it was just B4 AF was due.
Got DH to go get a pregnancy test and got my BFP.
I’m not pregnant. I just don’t remember if you can get a second LH surge enough for a dye-stealing positive OPK, or if maybe my cycle is going to be quite long and I’m only just ovulating

Oh sorry hon.
I'm not sure.
I did hear u can get a surge just B4 AF but I've never tried it out.
There was a lady on here that had a positive opk just B4 AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->