Very quiet bean today should I call the midwife??

digs

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not long joined you 3rd tri folks, but could do with a bit of advise. My little bean is normally very active, I get beaten up between 9 and 11 for at least 30mins at somepoint, then lunchtime just before and just after then again about 3pm and last thing before I fall asleep at 9.30-10.30. These are big kicks, in the ribs out the side, belly button you name it. But today nothing, I can feel where the baby is and it seems to have been in the same spot all day. I can feel little tiny movements more like a twitch now and then but nothing like normal. :cry:

Should I leave it a bit longer or call the midwife?

A slightly nervous mummy to be............

Hey my midwife told me to look for minimum of ten movements over 24 hours. hope this helps

xxx

alibaba24 - thank-you I will try and work it out. This is so weird I had really got used to football practice!

:hugs:

Have you tried eating some sweets (or a sugary drink) and lying down somewhere quiet for 20 minutes? Things that normally wake a sleepy baby...

Babies do go through "quiet spells" (I am pretty sure that it is quite common between about 26 and 29 weeks) and even "quiet days" (mine usually has a couple of more active days, then a couple of quiet days). So it could be either of those...

I would try the "sugar rush" (and quiet lay down) and see what happens. If you are still worried, then phone the MW. It is ALWAYS better to errr on the side of caution :hugs:

QT

hya,

My midwife told me the same today at my appointment (about the 10 a day), I had been worried that my bubbas movements had slowed the last couple of days, she said if you are at all worried at this late stage then give the hospital a call even if you can feel little movements if you are worried about the pattern changing then call them hun - hope this helps xx

Also try a cold drink and something sweet this is supposed to get some real movement too xx

Hey my midwife told me to look for minimum of ten movements over 24 hours. hope this helps

xxx

Actually it is "10 movements in an hour" (during their active periods).

Doesn't need to be 10 movements EVERY hour - since sometimes the baby is asleep for all/most of an hour and you don't feel him move at all...

QT

My midwife said today it is about 10 *episodes* a day of moving not sure it matters how long they move for as long as you feel around 10 different episodes of moving throughout 24 hours - Iykwim..xx

Ok thank-you guys, I've just eaten a bit of chocolate so I'll see what happens, will have a 20 min lie down once I finish work.

Thank-you all so much - I just don't like it, everything has gone so well so far it worries me. I was very unwell last week fainting, MW said I haven't put on enough weight and I am badly anaemic so I have had to up the protein and take iron I wonder if bean is just feeling the affects of last week?

Come on bean give us a kick

thanks again girls

Try a nice hot bath, always works for me :)

maybe he's just tired because he's worn out from beating mummy up so much?? but if your worried hun, call midwife!! no-ones going to think your being silly, your a mummy to be, and its always better to be safe than sorry sweetie :hugs: xx

maddiwatts19 - thanks your post made me fill up - very emotional today - then I read your footer about marrying the love of your life and cried again!!!

Love it you sound just like me !!x

I say go with your instincts. Give them a call if you feel that it's not normal. It's your body and your baby so you know it better than anyone else if something's not right. Nobody will be mad at you for coming in to be checked out, better safe than sorry. In my last pregnancy I went in a couple of times because of reduced movements and as soon as I sat down and had been strapped into the monitor thingy, baby started kicking like crazy :dohh: But the midwives didn't mind at all, they said I should just call them again if something didn't feel right. They said it's not a bother for them, they're just doing their job ;)

xxx

Doesn't need to be 10 movements EVERY hour - since sometimes the baby is asleep for all/most of an hour and you don't feel him move at all...

QT

My midwife told me 10 movements in 10 hours. Seems to be different depending on different midwives/areas :shrug:

I went in with reduced movement a couple of weeks ago and as soon as they put me on a monitor baby started dancing away :dohh: so much that my whole stomach was moving around!! She did give baby a good prod first though! I felt a bit silly afterwards but she did tell me that if ever the same thing happened to try drinking ice cold water, if that didn't work she said to go in and they would check me over. Better to be safe than sorry. Hope everything is OK, I'm sure it will be :hugs: xxx

I would call, they will probably get you in for monitoring and everything will be fine, then you can relax and stop worrying! I went in once and it really put mymind at ease, and they didn't make me feel I had wasted their time at all, they were lovely. It is almost always fine when babies go quiet for a bit but why put yourself through extra worry when you are already tired and a bit run down.
xx

Cattia - Hubby says the same thing, if I am going to worry about it all night then I need to just call them. I can feel where the baby is, it just won't move, I think it rolled over earlier but no kicks nudges nothing. I think I will try the lie down for 20mins, done the cold water and sweet nothing yet. Come on little bubba :(

Diet coke always works for me. I called the birthing centre the other night and went in because I was worried that the baby was in the wrong position and I was going to go into labour with the baby breech! I felt like a right idiot when I went down there and they confirmed that it was still head down, but I know if I had not called them I would have lay awake all night and not got a wink of sleep, and they were lovely about it too.

xxx

QT

TBH i had been told 10 kicks/movements in 24 hours not every hour.

xxx

Right then just had what felt like braxton hicks - painful ones then bean kick about 3 time low very low - I'm I over analysing now??

Grrrrrrr

In what position is the placenta? Sometimes I don't feel movements but when I put my hand on my belly I can feel it move. In those cases I think baby is kicking the placenta and I just can't feel it :dohh: So yeah, try drinking cold water, eat something sweet and lie down. you could also try going on your hands and feet to try to get the baby to change positions.

Thanks girls I going home to give it all a try. I have had a few kicks down very low and a bit weak so I feel much better now I have felt something.

You are all such a great support

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->