• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

very scared and confused...

mummy2be...

Reaction score
so heres a story

ive been having reduced movement from my LO and having regular monitoring at the hospital, yesterday i went in and they took over 15 mins to find the heartbeat, once found they had it consistantly..... they wanted me to go for a scan today to check everything again.

so today i went for the scan and was told i have polyhydramnios and have to go back in 2 weeks and i could potentially give birth early- first panic

since arriving home ive been looking at my scan sheet and have noticed that my femur length is only 55mm (im 31 weeks), using an online calculator ive discovered that the FL is only 9th percentile.... HC and AC are both around average. the FL has only grown 3mm in 3 weeks- does anyone have any advice on this as its really frightened me...............

I've been for a scan every week since 25 weeks for LO's heart condition. They haven't measured the femur length at all, just HC and AC. If you are concerned, I would phone your midwife and ask for a more detailed explanation.

No advice hun, as I don't think there is anything you can do.

But, sending lots of :hugs: and keeping you and baby in my thoughts!

I'd speak to your midwife or consultant about baby's growth if you're concerned. Best wishes x

Not any advice really hun, sometimes it can be a little awkard to get accurate measurements though, especially when baby is curled up in there. My last babys head was always on the very small size (2nd centile) where as the rest was averge, I worried alot over that but she was/is fine. Massive :hugs:'s xxxx

TBH dont quote me i could be wrong i dont think they get too worried about femur lengths i think its more abdo circumferance. My main reason for saying this is a sonographer said to me at my growth scan that my baby is very tall :-/ so the method i figured in the madness is wouldnt femur length be differential throughout differant people due to herreditory factors such as hight of parents etc :-/
i may be going mad but :-/

my babys femur length was 68mm at 34+1 and 72.9 at 36+1
hope this helps as I dont know how far on you are but bear in mind the sonographer said these measurements were tall which figures as both me and fob are 5ft 10" :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"