Very sore stretchmarks, possible allergic reaction? TMI

Firestar

Pregnant with first :)
Reaction score
Last night, I was so fed up of my bikini line that I used hair removal cream, same stuff I've always used in the past with no problems. Applying it, I accidently got a little bit on my bump, and on my stretchmarks. I wiped as much up as I could, but when I removed the rest of the cream 8 minutes later and washed the area, it was agony - really strong burning sensation where the stretchmarks are (bikini line itself is fine as always), and it's still very painful this morning :( I've used some calamine lotion on it, but still in pain - any suggestions?

I doubt it's an allergic reaction because it is very strong stuff to put on your skin. When I used it on my bits the skin started to bleed :wacko:

I would continue on with the camomile lotion, or you could use E45 cream, or Aqueous Cream to help soothe it. Apply it regularly throughout the day.

If you notice the skin looks very sore it might be worth getting a nurse to look at it or something, but more than likely you've just angered it when it was already stretched and thin so it would be more sensitive.

Thanks good idea to give the E45 a go as well. I was so relieved to look at the bottle of calamine lotion last night and see "you CAN use it in pregnancy" - I've got my 34 week app today, so will mention it to my midwife anyway.

I would say perhaps because the skin around your stretch marks is thinner, more sensitive, perhaps it is chemical burn?

I use hair removing cream and i remember once getting it somewhere i shouldn't have- and OMG did it burn me :haha: (note to self do not walk when doing bikini line lol)

If it is that, only thing i did was try to cool the area and use cream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->