very swolen feet

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by tropicana, Apr 16, 2009.

1. tropicana

tropicana Well-Known Member

well as the title says my feet are very swolen and so sore, just wondering if anyone has any good ideas to get them down ive had them up rested most of the time and ive been moving them round, but nothing !they have been up for the last 3 days now and not gone down once. ive been stuck upstairs all day because its too painfull to walk down and its getting me really fed up :cry:
    ive been having to walk on the sides of my feet as i cant put them flat as well because the skin feels like its just getting tighter and tighter and its gone up into my legs also, been getting shooting pains up them.

anyone else get them like this?

pics here.. and they are alot more swolen than they look in the pics

https://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/ffxipic/Picture069-2.jpg

https://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/ffxipic/Picture070.jpg

2. starah

starah Well-Known Member

Aww I'm sorry to hear this! My advice would be to elevate them as frequently as possible to get all that blood outta there :) Hopefully you start to feel better :hug:

3. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

Ouch, they really look sore. The only thing i've found id keeping them up, don't know what else to suggest.

Hope they go down soon x

4. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Well-Known Member

Mine were worse than that so I sympathise :hugs:

What i do now is I sleep with them raised on 2 cusions and apart from some slight swelling at the end of the day they have been fine and m/w commented on my skinny ankles last appointment after ticking for oedema the one before!

5. moose

moose Well-Known Member

How bout compression stockings as well?

6. butrfly

butrfly Mom to Sweet Elijah

i have this problem. i call them my barney feet! minus the purple color, ofcourse.

aside from elevation and walking around some, taking warm (not too warm) baths with bathsalt has helped me a LOT. drinking water throughout the day also lessens swelling. also, i've been told to have a diet with less salt in it.

my feet hasn't returned to their normal size for weeks and weeks now BUT the swelling goes down a bit in the morning. i hope my additional suggestions help.

7. MarshMellow

MarshMellow Laura, Mark, Ben and Bump

I have this too. Only im not as bad I can only wear flip flops and even then they cut into my feet. I have found using my foot spa day and night reduces it and also laying 2 flannels dampened with a colder water as you can manage. Easies it too. Hope I have been of some help. But yes I have to agree with butrfly drink lots.

8. gbromley2007

gbromley2007 Well-Known Member

if you get headaches and visual disturbances go to the hospital or midwife, i had this for weeks and hubby made me mention it when i got so bad it was in my thighs and i am borderline pre eclampsia, you dont want to risk things. i might be getting induced soon because of it. just rest and stay off your feet esp if you are getting symptoms of Pre eclampsia. take it easy x