Very worried. PLease help..

purapura

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I just wanted to know if I need to be worried, or its normal;

I have been feeling increased movements for the past 24 hours, and I feel light pain in my lower belly. I am worried that something is wrong there. I have a scan tomorrow at 16:20 but not sure if i should wait till the scan or panic now.

Is this pain normal? It is not constant, it comes and go... and its not very strong.

I also notice that the LO doesn't move around the belly as he did for the past 4-5 days but stays in one place (somewhere deep inside)...

Am I right being worried? or i can relax as it is normal?

I dont have a clue I'm afraid, but didnt want to read and run!
Can you ring your midwife and ask her?

to be honest i dont know. i havent had many movements yet but have had lots of tummyache for weeks. but i would assume if baby is moving a lot it must be kicking something that will hurt at some point? i would maybe ring your midwife to check just to be on the safe side.

i have just listened to baby on the doppler. its getting huge - i get different kinds of beats all over my lower tummy now :) have you got one you can use just to maybe reassure you?

magicbubble, I was listening to him yesterday. and to be honest it also got me worried as after every 10- 12 beats I had like a missed beat. I tough maybe my Doppler is not very good, or something...

Now I am really freaked out...

When I first got movement at 17+4 I could feel every tiny turn and I had ALOT of pail by my ovaries,I rang labour ward and they said that it was round ligament pain and baby stretching me out at first.after a week I couldn't feel every move but was feeling kicks and my womb didn't feel as tight and the pain dissapeared,I think it's baby stretching u out to get more room Hun,anytime ur worried tho always contact ur mw,that's why their there and this is a scary time and we do need alot of reassurance xx

I wouldn't worry too much hun. It's probably just muscles & ligaments stretching thats causing you pain. Sometimes LO kicking & punching you in the same spot for a while can also make a certain area sore. I've had it a few times with this pregnancy and last pregnancy when I've felt a bit sore in places for a couple of days. If your really concearned then give the midwife a call, even if it's just to put your mind at rest :) x

Hi Purapura, i want to reassure you that i have been having pains in my lower belly for the last week or so. Mine has been diagnosed as PGP - Pelvic Girdle Pain, same as round ligament pain and SPD (cant remember what that stands for). It's all due to the relaxin hormone and the size/weight of the baby stretching your uterus (and everything else). Maybe the increased movement is just that baby is in a better position for kicking you where you feel it? they are getting bigger and stronger everyday remember :)
i had a similar thing with the heart beat on the doppler but i think it's just because when they were tiny they couldnt move about as much so were easier to find and keep listening to, where as now they are twitching and jumping all over the place so you find the heartbeat, then they move and move back making it seem like a missed beat... that's just how i see it anyway.
Press your pubic bone right in the middle, does it feel bruised? Some of the pains i get are almost a bit period pain like...
Call your midwife/doc for some professional reassurance but i'm sure you'll be fine
:hugs:

odd pains are normal in pregnancy as around this time baby is growing more so u will have growing pains. as for baby being in one place, again normal.

coreys got alot of space in there now but he sometimes stays in the same place very low down which when he kicks feels so weird

Hi Purapura, i want to reassure you that i have been having pains in my lower belly for the last week or so. Mine has been diagnosed as PGP - Pelvic Girdle Pain, same as round ligament pain and SPD (cant remember what that stands for). It's all due to the relaxin hormone and the size/weight of the baby stretching your uterus (and everything else). Maybe the increased movement is just that baby is in a better position for kicking you where you feel it? they are getting bigger and stronger everyday remember :)
i had a similar thing with the heart beat on the doppler but i think it's just because when they were tiny they couldnt move about as much so were easier to find and keep listening to, where as now they are twitching and jumping all over the place so you find the heartbeat, then they move and move back making it seem like a missed beat... that's just how i see it anyway.
Press your pubic bone right in the middle, does it feel bruised? Some of the pains i get are almost a bit period pain like...
Call your midwife/doc for some professional reassurance but i'm sure you'll be fine

Thanks... I do feel pain even in my bones; Front, back and even feet... and my bump popped out a bit more today (finally looks like a real bump) and my pubic bone does feel bruised...

I do think you right about the HB :flower:

I will give a call to the MW, just in case, but I feel much more relieved now... thank you all :hugs::flower::hugs::flower:

Just wanted to chime in to say I've been having pains in lower abdomen too and have been told it's round ligament pain. Mine goes away if I curl up on my side for a bit and just make sure I take my time when moving. My Dr. also said it can be made worse by exercise (but they still recommend you exercise anyway, :) ).

Calling the Dr. office never hurts, but I've never heard that increased movement can be a bad sign of anything, so I'd probably try not to worry. WTEWYE says babies are just like us and they have energetic days and sleepy days.

Take care and keep us posted. :hugs:

[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I do feel pain even in my bones; Front, back and even feet... and my bump popped out a bit more today (finally looks like a real bump) and my pubic bone does feel bruised...

I do think you right about the HB :flower:[/QUOTE]

Hey Hun,
If your bump has popped out recently then it sounds even more likely to be the ligament pain.
I've just got back from the physio, she pressed on my pubic bone and i wanted to cry! Unfortunately it is all perfectly normal, think my booklet said 1 in 5 ladies get it...
Just seen you are in Hertfordshire. Where abouts? I'm in St Albans, having baby in Watford.
And is the cat in your photo yours? Very beautiful.
Hope you managed to talk to your MW. Ask for a referral for physio if it doesnt settle. My GP did it but i think the MW can too.

I do think you right about the HB :flower:[/QUOTE]

Hey Hun,
If your bump has popped out recently then it sounds even more likely to be the ligament pain.
I've just got back from the physio, she pressed on my pubic bone and i wanted to cry! Unfortunately it is all perfectly normal, think my booklet said 1 in 5 ladies get it...
Just seen you are in Hertfordshire. Where abouts? I'm in St Albans, having baby in Watford.
And is the cat in your photo yours? Very beautiful.
Hope you managed to talk to your MW. Ask for a referral for physio if it doesnt settle. My GP did it but i think the MW can too.
:hugs:[/QUOTE]

It is my lovely boy indeed... :kiss:
I am from Letchworth, so having my LO in Lister.

My pains are mainly when I walk, or doing any type of movements. It does feel like muscles pain.

I haven't called my MW cos she is not that nice, but all the clues lead me to think it is indeed ligament pain... so I am relieved...

Wow, stunning cat! What breed is he? Looks so soft! :)

I was given a bump belt by the physio to lift the weight of the baby off my pubic bone. It's not comfy for sitting because it goes so low but is nice and supportive for walking.
She's given me a different type to try today, it does up super tight to hold your pelvis together?! Your GP can do you a referral if your MW isn't very helpful. NHS bump belts are not attractive but seem to help a little! :hugs:

Hi Purapura, also wanted to reassure you. I had bad pains for 2 days in a row, was certain that there was either something wrong or I had bladder infection (pain was also near my kidneys). I went to see the doctor, had tests done and it turned out to be round ligament pain. Everyone is different, so if you need reassurance give your midwife a call

Good luck tomorrow! :hugs: :hugs:

I would like to thank my friend Vera for posting this whilst I was away on holiday as I am experiencing the same pain.....and although I know you are not all doctors, you are most definately more experienced than us and you have reassured me in thinking that it is just stretching pain etc. I have my 20 week scan next wed!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!!

Charlie, good luck with your scan! Can't wait to hear about is!

I still have some pains but they are almost gone now...

at 21 weeks the movements are so on/off i wouldnt be worried. i didnt realise the difference until this week when they have been so so strong and really regular that now i know back at weeks 20/21/22 etc i would have like 2 days off tiny movements that felt deeper like they were softer follwed by maybe a day of stronger ones etc. ive also had odd pains now and again. im sure its nothing and you have a scan soon so dont panic x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->