Vethouse and/or forceps delivery

AllStar

Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi, I had forceps and ventouse delivery with my son (forceps failed so they used ventouse) because I was pushing for 3 hours but my contractions weren't lasting long enough to finally push him out.
My midwife doesn't think there's any reason to suggest the same would happen this time.
My question is, have any of you ladies had a delivery with either or both of these during delivery and what has your midwife said to you about this time round? Or if you have more than 2 children, did you need them second time round?

HI hun,

I had ventouse with my daughter. She was back to back, 28 hours labour and 2.5 hours pushing. She went at a funny angle so they used the ventouse.

With my second everything looked great. Till labour. He decided to go back to back during labour, i panicked big time and the anxiety in me was unreal. I rembered my daughters birth and i asked for help. I had ventouse again.

I think this was more me panicking though. I had no pain relief both times and i think i suck at labour :dohh:

This time i am going to have everything they can give me and hopefully i won't panic.

My sister had a failed ventouse and forceps with no one but delivered no two perfectly fine with nothing.

I think you should relax and take it has it comes. If the baby is happy and you are then you should not need help. xxx

I had the same with my DD but had a failed ventouse so they used forceps. It was a long induced labour!

With my DS I laboured in the pool for the hour and half I was at hospital, no assistance needed.

Good luck

xx

I had ventouse first time DD was also back to back and I had an agonising labour with her.
I had a lovely gas and air only delivery with my DS 3 years later so it is possible, I think it does depend on the baby's position whilst labouring. I wouldn't hesitate to have an assisted delivery this time, the main thing is the baby getting out safely. X

Thanks ladies. My son was also a back labour. I wouldn't mind having assisted delivery this time but the reason I'm asking is I have to choose which hospital to give birth in. My local one, where they are trained in forceps and ventouse delivery but none of the midwives there have ever actually had to do it! Or a bigger hospital (where I had my son) which is over 70 miles away. It would be easier to have the baby closer to home so I don't have to leave my son as long but I am a little worried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"