Video/mirror watch your delivery?

Jaylynne

Reaction score
Anyone planning on having your delivery taped or using one of the mirrors to watch live? I think I might want to live in ignorance during delivery lol.

it was bad enough looking down and seeing a head there lol no way would i want to tape it, id never want to watch it again hahaha

Nope, not me. I'm not scared of giving birth, just not comfortable with the idea of actually watching myself or being recorded, you know. I think my husband would rather be there and observe as well, rather than having to focus on videotaping the whole thing. So nope, I want to be 100% there.:thumbup:

Aww yuk! Never!

I had loads of people in the room with me with Sonny as he was a home birth and they loved it but I would not want to watch my own downstairs stretched inside out with a baby coming out of it in a million years! LOL!

xxx

I was just thinking I cringe watching birthing videos and I don't want to cringe with my baby. I want it to be a beautiful remembrance not an "oh sh!t, that's what happened to me?!". And yeah I want my DH to be holding my hand not a video recorder. If I did a mirror I might freak myself out instead of focusing on pushing.

You could have a mirror to see the head, but not in a permanent position! lol! x

Yeah same here! No way do I want to freak myself out! Let's face it, giving birth to your baby is the most beautiful moment in your life- emotionally. Visually? Not so much! :S

Oo that's a good point angeluk! Never thought of it that way... I guess maybe the ones who do watch are giving birth for the second time or more mostly?

Is this a thing that people actually do? Bless you if you do but I think I'll take a pass, thanks!

In was watching TLC (the learning channel) and they have a series called a baby story and the woman used a mirror to watch her birth and the other story involved a video camera:nope:
It was also a question I had to answer for my birth plan at our hospital...

Erm.. My oh filmed me in hospital when i was taking gas and air for tge contractions whilst the pool was being filled. I wish he'd filmed a little of me in the pool because it was a winderful experience compared to my first birth! I wouldnt let him film my vajazzle lol or the actual birth tho. The midwife forced me to look in the mirror at the head crowning yes, forced "cmon cmon look at your babies head, look at how much u are stretching, cmon look!" needless to say i told her id smash the mirror if she didnt take it away lmao! then when we were left in privacy with our new baby after the birth, the camera went back on. Beautiful moments that i can share with my children without the icky bits :D however my youngest whos 5 now wants to be present at the birth- "mum il close my eyes when the bloody head pops out!" that made me laugh out loud! x

I remember when I had my daughter and her head was nearly coming out they asked me if I wanted them to hold up a mirror so I could see. I think my exact words were "hell no".

and in reply to RoseyCheeks - my daughter indicated interest in being there during the birth as well but I think it would just end up being too traumatic for her (she is extremely empathetic) and I think it'd really bother her to see me in pain like that. Plus I think I'd be more focused on her and worrying about how she was feeling about everything then just doing what I need to do.

I've already made it clear that anyone who enters the delivery room with a mirror or camera of any size, shape or configuration will be shot. Maybe not in the moment, as I am sure my aim won't be great in the throes of labor... but some day when they least expect it.

Well....I guess I'm the odd ball:haha:

When I had my 2nd son, I wanted to see him come out. The nurse put up a mirror so I could see. She put up when his head was about to come out. It was a beautiful site (to me anyway) and it made me more motivated to push his butt out!!! I will do the same with my third.

Hmmm i'm not sure if I could think of anything worse than seeing myself in labour. In my head I was an angel, I kept all dignity, there was no "mess" and I looked relatively ok .... No way would I want to see anything that proved otherwise :D

And I definitely do not want to see the baby's head crowning... noooooo thank youuuuu. x

I want my OH to be there supporting me, not faffing about with a bloody camera!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->