video monitor?

KarenN

Reaction score
I got the Avent baby monitor from a friend of the family, but I had my eye on a monitor with a camera. It's not cheap, and we already have a monitor, so my guy thinks we really don't need it, and I'm letting my fears get the best of me.
Is this really too much?

I feel I'll be more calm and secure if I could see my girl when I'm not around. But I'm also worried that I'm just feeding my anxieties and obsessing.

Truth is I'm worried I'll just stare at the screen instead of resting or doing other stuff. I'm not sure if this is a good or a very bad idea :-k It's my first time and I'm confused.

We got a video monitor and havent had to use it yet.
Have you looked for a 2nd hand one on ebay to save costs?

I purposefully did not get a video monitor.. It would drive me nuts! :)

I have 1 and i thinks its great, at first i didnt really use it coz she was in her basket then in our bedroom, but now its great because she can move around and mess up her cot and get herself into situations like her cot bumper over her head! so i can check on her from downstairs or if im home alone in the shower, but once she is asleep i turn it off...they are pretty expensive so have a look around for a second hand one, but if you dont get one i dont think it would worry you to much.

We have a video monitor and I love it. It is nice to be able to watch her sleep but the novelty of looking at it all the time does wear off.

The reason I like it is that I can actually see whether she is sleeping or not. I can check how long it takes her to drop off and whether she is waking regularly or sleeping soundly. I can also see when she wakes so I know when to go in and wake her up. As a result, she doesn't cry when she wakes, she knows if I come in and get her its time to get up but if I don't she knows to settle herself back to sleep.

It also means when she is up, I know how long she has been asleep for so when she is unsettled I know it's not because she is tired.

I wouldn't be without mine.

Yeah a friend of ours recommended we get one and boy am I glad we did. Rocco's room is only a few steps down the hall but it's so nice being able to tell what he's doing when we hear him making noises. Or when he wakes at night, we can watch to see if we really need to go in there. Like if he's fully awake or not. It's awesome. Totally worth the money in my opinion.

i didnt get one cos i know wot i wud be like , jsut got monitors voice ones i mean x

I got a video monitor and I love it. I turn the sound totally off so that I don't get woken up by tiny grunts or groans (Jacob does these all night long) but if he really starts to cry I can see him (I can hear him as he is just down the hall). I have also used it for my dog because we knew as soon as we left he would jump on the couch so we used it to trick him and catch him in the act.

We've got one and I love it. The novelty does wear off of watching it all the time and when we have it in the livingroom in the evening we have the sound turned off because of interference but we can still see Euan. I have the sound turned up when it's next to my bed though during the night so I can hear him without having to watch it all the time. Plus I like to hear him breathing, it relaxes me. It's good though as Euan is quite the wriggler and often ends up on his front so I can watch to see when he needs turned over and also if he wakes, for how long, etc.

It wasn't cheap but I'd definitely say it was worth the money. If you can find a second hand one then go for it.

We've got one and I love it. The novelty does wear off of watching it all the time and when we have it in the livingroom in the evening we have the sound turned off because of interference but we can still see Euan. I have the sound turned up when it's next to my bed though during the night so I can hear him without having to watch it all the time. Plus I like to hear him breathing, it relaxes me. It's good though as Euan is quite the wriggler and often ends up on his front so I can watch to see when he needs turned over and also if he wakes, for how long, etc.

Yep. This is exactly how it works for us too.

I'll have to think about it a little more, and will look for a second hand one, but I guess it's really useful when it's hard to get out of bed to see if she's really awake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->