Views on early scans?

AmyGibb1997

Reaction score
Currently 6 weeks + 1. Looking into getting a private early scan? I’m extremely impatient and really just want piece of mind

By the time you get in, you will be almost 7 weeks and have a good chance of seeing everything! I always have early scans and have always seen something at 6ish weeks and on if everythi g was going well!

I would recommend 7-8 weeks as you’ll see more. I went at 6 weeks pretty confident of dates, didn’t see a foetal pole and had a follow up andvsaw more and they put me behind. Went to my 12 week scan and I’m now ahead of my original date! I only had an early scan because of spotting though. So if you go at 7-8 weeks you’ll likely see more even if you are more behind than you think!

To be honest though, it drags at first, and then suddenly time flies and your 12 week scan is here!

I had one at EPU at 5 weeks and seen sac and yolk sacs (suspected twins) then I had one at 6 weeks private (it was already booked) and I seen fetal Pole

Attachments

• 97388F8C-A173-4CF7-A6A3-A2D34CE82B87.jpg
    97388F8C-A173-4CF7-A6A3-A2D34CE82B87.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 7
I have had early scans with all my babies. Earliest was 5+6 and saw a tiny little blob with a hb. This time we had one at 6+5, tiny baby seen with hb.

The earlier you have them done, the more chance there is of you not seeing much, so definitely after 6 weeks, the closer to 7+ weeks the more chance there is of seeing a hb, but still sometimes you have to wait a little longer

Attachments

• IMG_7754.jpg
    IMG_7754.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 7
I've always had early scans on all of my pregnancy's, I love them! Puts your mind at ease as long as your patient and wait until 7 weeks + as I personally believe it's better after then due to seeing more :)

I've just booked mine for May 11th! I'll be 8w5d - I wanted the early reassurance, but wanted to make sure there would be something to see! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->